Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas T off for Cadac

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I guess most people with a Cadac carry an extra 907 bottle in the boot?

Has anyone put any though into tappping into the onboard bottle and providing a plug in connection/long hose for external Cadac use? Save on boot space? Worth the trouble?

S.

we do exactly what you say and have a spare 907 for our safari chef , thought about teeing off but thought a spare bottle would be better for back up, having said that have never run out whilst away yet !
also found a neat cover for the 907 bottle by campingaz
dave and lisa

I guess most people with a Cadac carry an extra 907 bottle in the boot?

Has anyone put any though into tappping into the onboard bottle and providing a plug in connection/long hose for external Cadac use? Save on boot space? Worth the trouble?

S.
My son has that exactly. A gas baynot fitting on the side to plug a gas barbacue in. But he uses a larger Calor Gas cylinder. His conversion was made by Dirty Weekenders.

Does anyone have photographs of the 'tapping in' option? Thanks.

I've considered fitting an outside outlet but it really needs to be somewhere on the sliding door side. When the sliding door is open, as it would be when using a bbq, there is nowhere obvious to fit the outlet. If you fit the outlet on the side where the bottle is stored you then need to carry a 10ft length of gas hose that takes up more space then a spare 907 bottle! So I'm sticking with a spare 907.

Gaz 904 bottle as a possible option. ?-----Smaller / lighter and ok for infrequent use and acts as a back up if 907 bottle runs out.
Alternatively disconnect the 907 and temporarily remove from the Gas safe compartment use for alternative appliance and put back afterwards ?
I'm all for the minimalist options myself.Less to carry, less to go wrong,less weight etc etc.

Was there ever a simple solution to this question...?

It’s something I’ve been pondering. I haven’t took my Weber Gas BBQ away with me since buying the Ocean, as we just use the hob inside.
However, like the idea of cooking outside again this year, but don’t fancy taking 2 gas bottles.

I guess the idea of pulling the gas bottle out of the bottle compartment is the best solution...???

It’s something I’ve been pondering. I haven’t took my Weber Gas BBQ away with me since buying the Ocean, as we just use the hob inside.
However, like the idea of cooking outside again this year, but don’t fancy taking 2 gas bottles.

I guess the idea of pulling the gas bottle out of the bottle compartment is the best solution...???

No expert here. Just found this picture. Is it this kind of thing? Found on schlanser/fritzberger:
8cdad7e4cbd8bef24b404c474927c7d3.jpg

I suppose the problem really is :
1. Any “gas” T fitting would have to be outside the Gas Locker, as the Gas Locker is the water tank.
2. The present gas line runs along the Nearside (RHD) behind the kitchen unit, but I presume you would want to cook somewhere around the Sliding Door.
3. Fit T piece downstream of Kitchen Gas Shut-Off with a quick release, gas tight Female fitting on the T.
Then use long gas hose with the corresponding Male fitting to pass out Sliding Door to Barbacue.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BDEP948/?tag=eliteelect-21

Someone made a good point about the length of hose.
Gonna need about 5 metres to get from the rear tank to BBQ.
I’m guessing best to just uncouple bottle and place it next to the BBQ outside and use a half metre pipe to attach it.

Someone made a good point about the length of hose.
Gonna need about 5 metres to get from the rear tank to BBQ.
I’m guessing best to just uncouple bottle and place it next to the BBQ outside and use a half metre pipe to attach it.
Use a 904, half the height of the 907, useful as a spare.

We use one of these:
image.jpeg
2 x c500 canisters. Easy to carry, available just about everywhere to replace and cheaper than camping gaz.

We use a 904, keep in on the middle shelve in the boot never had an issue quick release fitting regulator stays on the bottle.