Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC 600 Tyre ratings

Steve Gray

Steve Gray

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Sorry to keep posting, however, I am just getting to know my GC 600 and where better to seek out knowledge from my friends on this forum. I have just been checking the tyres on my new GC and the sizes and speed ratings for future reference.
The tyres fitted are ContiVanContact 200 size 235/60/R17/C. What worry’s me is the speed rating C. Uk tyre charts put speed rating C at 37mph or 60 km/h. Do I understand this correctly that my new van has come with tyres only rated at 37 mph??

54659AD1-BDAC-49DA-AC6D-B7348E15389B.jpeg

For your sake I hope the "C" indicates "commercial" meaning stronger sidewalls for more load... actually I'm pretty sure it does.

Sorry to keep posting, however, I am just getting to know my GC 600 and where better to seek out knowledge from my friends on this forum. I have just been checking the tyres on my new GC and the sizes and speed ratings for future reference.
The tyres fitted are ContiVanContact 200 size 235/60/R17/C. What worry’s me is the speed rating C. Uk tyre charts put speed rating C at 37mph or 60 km/h. Do I understand this correctly that my new van has come with tyres only rated at 37 mph??

View attachment 82740
Below that on your tyre it says 115 R which is 106mph so I imagine that’s it:thumb

Below that on your tyre it says 115 R which is 106mph so I imagine that’s it:thumb
Thank you everyone the knowledge on our forum is special and valuable it all makes sense now thank you all. I guess it is all part of understanding the new vehicle after have an ocean for a few years

'C' relates to Commercial tyre application, High load carrying capacity.
'R' is the construction, Radial in this case.
Load rating will be a 3 digit number followed by an alphabetic character for speed rating. eg 115H

Commercial tyres usually have 2 load rating numbers eg 110/107 the higher number is for single wheel and the lower for twin wheel fitment. twin wheels being the ones on the rear of trucks/big vans.

'C' relates to Commercial tyre application, High load carrying capacity.
'R' is the construction, Radial in this case.
Load rating will be a 3 digit number followed by an alphabetic character for speed rating. eg 115H

Commercial tyres usually have 2 load rating numbers eg 110/107 the higher number is for single wheel and the lower for twin wheel fitment. twin wheels being the ones on the rear of trucks/big vans.
Thank you really helpful it is appreciated

For your sake I hope the "C" indicates "commercial" meaning stronger sidewalls for more load... actually I'm pretty sure it does.
It dose.

Back