Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC 680 Fridge - internal size

Z

Zephyr

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Looking to use stacking boxes to store contents of fridge. Does anybody have the internal dimensions of the fridge?

Morning.
Base internal length 50cm
Height base to bottom of top basket 22cm
Width front section 24 cm then takes a step in at back to 20cm

Remember the front section of the fridge is for tall bottles or milk as it's clear of the top basket shelf When it slides in.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 77C520E2-7018-4421-872D-9679350664EE.jpeg
    77C520E2-7018-4421-872D-9679350664EE.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 30
Morning.

Remember the front section of the fridge is for tall bottles or milk as it's clear of the top basket shelf When it slides in.

Hope that helps.
FYI : On youtube I saw that there are 3 shelves in the fridge : Above the 'top' basket there is an additional (thin) shelf.

Morning.

Hope that helps.
Hello Bobcat01
Thank you for the photo and dimensions.

From your experience of using the 680, how long will the fridge operate when not on mains hook-up. We've ordered a solar panel on our 680?

Thank you Steef. We will check youtube.
There is only 1 sliding basket tray and 1 pull out drip try directly under the freezer.

As an experiment we have run without hook up for 3 days possibly would have lasted 3.5 but we moved site. That was in summer.

It's very subjective to time of year, ambient temps, how much sun for solar and if your using other electric consumers heavily. I would say without top up 3 days comfortably. . But you can always start the engine and use the boost charge facility which brings the battery up quickly ie 30% to 80% in about 30mins.
As Breeze says there is only one sliding shelf basket.

Thanks again Bobcat. I appreciate there are other factors to consider. I was just trying to get an idea how long you could be off the grid.

Realistically in Summer in good sun I think you could avoid any need to be on hook up. Time will tell when we see some sun again!

Can anyone supply the make and model of the fridge? I'd be interested in knowing it's consumption, efficiency & exterior dimensions. Thanks.

Can anyone supply the make and model of the fridge? I'd be interested in knowing it's consumption, efficiency & exterior dimensions. Thanks.
Think it’s a dometic. But our German brothers on their forum will be able to advise. Sure it’s Dometic but have no model.

I tried looking this up a while back and the closest I could find that used the same type of control panel was webasto - I assumed it must be a custom comission, so I just concluded to keep crossing fingers and hope it never breaks :)

Looking to use stacking boxes to store contents of fridge. Does anybody have the internal dimensions of the fridge?
Hi
I have found this helpful

IMG_8026.jpg

Back