Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California 680 - Build DELAY!

Morning Zephr,

The 680 has no attachment in the shower room due to height as Mike says, can be ordered via amazon ie suction type.

There is no gas bottles installed at the time of collection. Take one with you.

A would ask for a demonstration on starting up the Truma heating, not sure if your gas or diesel.

Thetford loo is very easy should have no issue there just insure you have enough water in your tank.

Ask them to rearrange (45%) the top socket in the galley as you are unable to plug in two items together.
The Thule step under the sliding door is temperamental and does not always retract, bad batch as others have had the same problem.
Tyres if you ordered with all season they possibly will not be on there As for some season stopped that option. Mine arrived without however my dealer got Some in and changed them.

I’m sure. This has really improved the ride and comfort as I think the. Supplied Continentals are much to firm and harsh.

happy days

Will
Hello Will,
Thanks for the information. I'm not sure I understand which sockets in the galley you mentioned, do you have a photo? Did you have the Continental all season tyres? Having looked on Amazon website for suction shower head fitting there seem a lot to choose from, with mixed reviews. Have you found one that you would recommend?
Alan

Hi Will,
I have bought a suction shower head attachment for my 680 but when I tried it on the white plastic above the mirror it kept falling off. The suction attachment came with a plastic bit that can be stuck to the wall. Should I stick this to the shower wall and then fix the suction attachment to that? I was initially hoping it would suck to the wall without sticking anything to the wall.
What have you done?
Hope you are enjoying the Scottish Highland & Islands.
Andrew
Morning Topsy,
I have not used a suction attachment so cant advise, however Moonlight Motel has offered one up from Amazon that looks good for the Job. have you tried affixing it to the top of the mirror?

Will

Hello Will,
Thanks for the information. I'm not sure I understand which sockets in the galley you mentioned, do you have a photo? Did you have the Continental all season tyres? Having looked on Amazon website for suction shower head fitting there seem a lot to choose from, with mixed reviews. Have you found one that you would recommend?
Alan
Morning Alan,

Re tyres I had fitted the https://www.michelin.co.uk/auto/tyres/michelin-agilis-crossclimate
They came with the normal Conti summer tyre had those fitted on my 600 and found the ride very harsh so thought I would take the opportunity. These are more supple yet sure footed and less crashing internally.
Re shower head please see MM’s post
Will

BAC9D028-EAF7-42AD-95CA-DD7CD368BA3E.jpeg

I bought this one a little while ago. I had to buy on amazon.de with the Brexit issues. I havent used it in anger yet with the Irish lockdown restrictions, but hope to start getting away in early June

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B082J4CR7N/
Hi Moonlight Hotel, I have bought the same suction shower attachment and tried using it on the white plastic above the mirror, but it kept popping off after a few minutes. I haven't used the stick-on plastic piece that comes with it for the suction cup to attach to as I was hoping just to attach straight to the plastic wall. How have you attached the shower attachment?

Hi Moonlight Hotel, I have bought the same suction shower attachment and tried using it on the white plastic above the mirror, but it kept popping off after a few minutes. I haven't used the stick-on plastic piece that comes with it for the suction cup to attach to as I was hoping just to attach straight to the plastic wall. How have you attached the shower attachment?
Hi Topsy, unfortunately due to the Irish lockdown restrictions we havent been able to even play with our van yet!! We put it into storage in January when we bought it and are hoping to take it out next week and start our adventures. So in a very long winded answer we havent had a chance to even try the shower attachment yet. But we live in hope!!!

Morning Alan,

Re tyres I had fitted the https://www.michelin.co.uk/auto/tyres/michelin-agilis-crossclimate
They came with the normal Conti summer tyre had those fitted on my 600 and found the ride very harsh so thought I would take the opportunity. These are more supple yet sure footed and less crashing internally.
Will

View attachment 78178
Hello Will,
Thanks for the update. I'll get in touch with the dealer and see what I can sort out.
Morning Alan,

Will

View attachment 78178
Hello Will,
Dealer won't do anything about electric sockets. Is it a straight forward DIY job?
Alan

Hello Will,
Thanks for the update. I'll get in touch with the dealer and see what I can sort out.

Hello Will,
Dealer won't do anything about electric sockets. Is it a straight forward DIY job?
Alan
Hi Alan,

Well its not fit for purpose as you cannot fit two plug together as they are currently fitted.

My dealer switched mine around believe its easy enough, remove the cover plate and. Turn the top socket , its just a case of not damaging the cover plate. Where are you located.

Will

Hi Alan,

Well its not fit for purpose as you cannot fit two plug together as they are currently fitted.

My dealer switched mine around believe its easy enough, remove the cover plate and. Turn the top socket , its just a case of not damaging the cover plate. Where are you located.

Will
Carmarthenshire

Hi Alan,

Will
But soon I'll be free to roam!

Hello Will,

Hello Will,
Alan
Alan, as your talking to the dealer, forward him my photo, he may change his mind.
Will

Alan, as your talking to the dealer, forward him my photo, he may change his mind.
Will
Thanks for all your help. Dealer not budging. I'll have to find out how to remove the socket cover without causing damage.

Hi Topsy, unfortunately due to the Irish lockdown restrictions we havent been able to even play with our van yet!! We put it into storage in January when we bought it and are hoping to take it out next week and start our adventures. So in a very long winded answer we havent had a chance to even try the shower attachment yet. But we live in hope!!!
Hi Moonlight Motel,
Thanks for your reply. Hope you get out on your adventurers soon and you can eventually get to enjoy your new 680. We haven't been out in ours yet either. Let me know how you get on when you get a chance to try the suction shower attachment.
Enjoy.
Andrew

Hi Will,
I have bought a suction shower head attachment for my 680 but when I tried it on the white plastic above the mirror it kept falling off. The suction attachment came with a plastic bit that can be stuck to the wall. Should I stick this to the shower wall and then fix the suction attachment to that? I was initially hoping it would suck to the wall without sticking anything to the wall.
What have you done?
Hope you are enjoying the Scottish Highland & Islands.
Andrew
Have you tried wetting suction cup (or add a little fairy liquid) first as that helps. I’ve got one in my joker sticks fine, never use it as it’s easier to hold shower head.764348EB-BF07-4575-8076-FA0871987D0E.jpeg

I used the sticky pad plus the suction cup and all has been good. It’s survived a few trips to date.

Thanks for all your help. Dealer not budging. I'll have to find out how to remove the socket cover without causing damage.
Hey Alan.
A wild guess, I know: but is your “dealer in Sussex” David (DtD) at EuroVans, Crawley, by any chance?...
Ian

Hi Moonlight Motel,
Thanks for your reply. Hope you get out on your adventurers soon and you can eventually get to enjoy your new 680. We haven't been out in ours yet either. Let me know how you get on when you get a chance to try the suction shower attachment.
Enjoy.
Andrew
Thanks Andrew, really looking forward to it. will let you know

I used the sticky pad plus the suction cup and all has been good. It’s survived a few trips to date.
Thanks Bobcat01. I suspect I will have to use the sticky pad. Did you stick it to the shower cabinet above the mirror?
Andrew

Thanks for the info. Useful as a temporary measure.
Alan
Alan, is this you however this was spooky, just pulled in to Carlisle Todhills service south bound for some very expensive diesel just as anther GC 680 on the north bound side.

7BE38ED6-0643-40FC-8C00-90D3202101FC.jpeg

A63EB12A-BD9B-44FE-AFD1-EBC6A390C317.jpeg

22C1D6FD-E35A-4DBE-BC83-88B35E4C6389.jpeg

Last edited:

Hey Alan.
A wild guess, I know: but is your “dealer in Sussex” David (DtD) at EuroVans, Crawley, by any chance?...
Ian
You got it in one!

Alan, is this you however this was spooky, just pulled in to Carlisle Todhills service south bound for some very expensive diesel just as anther GC 680 on the north bound side.

View attachment 78487

View attachment 78488

View attachment 78489
Hello Will,
Not me! We've gone for Indium Grey. We collected it on Friday form Crawley. We were pretty tired after the double journey from near Carmarthen. Spent yesterday acquainting ourselves with the the 680. It would have been so much better if we had been sent the instruction manuals before 'handover'. I think there must be at least a weeks reading!
However, we are delighted with the 680! It drives so well and the quality of the finish is excellent. We are trying to get the bed prepared and are struggling with the Brandrup fitted sheets. We've only got two hooks left and no straps. There is about 40cms between the loops and you can see what happens when you hook the two loops with the hook! Am I missing something?
tempImageOTJuMC.pngtempImagecIPchx.png

Back