GC Adding A 3 Pin 13A Socket

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi all,

Has anyone thought or added a 3 pin 13A socket under the table area or within the little cubby holes, appreciate there is one close by under the bench seat, which I normally plug my radio.

Thanks

Hi all,

Has anyone thought or added a 3 pin 13A socket under the table area or within the little cubby holes, appreciate there is one close by under the bench seat, which I normally plug my radio.

Thanks
Hi Will,

That panel is really difficult to remove, perhaps a shortened extension might do the trick?
Id love an additional 12v power socket there, just bought a Dometic CFX3-35 which I plan to keep under the table for the Spain trip next month, and could do without running an extension to the rear socket.

Hi Will,

That panel is really difficult to remove, perhaps a shortened extension might do the trick?
Id love an additional 12v power socket there, just bought a Dometic CFX3-35 which I plan to keep under the table for the Spain trip next month, and could do without running an extension to the rear socket.
Hi Terry,

Two minds! I have already removed the seat and cover to the boiler and fumbled around as thought I would fit one into the cubby hole but unfortunately there is some kind of box beside that location as I thought about spurring of the original socket. Maybe I will have another look.

Take care.

Hi Terry,

Two minds! I have already removed the seat and cover to the boiler and fumbled around as thought I would fit one into the cubby hole but unfortunately there is some kind of box beside that location as I thought about spurring of the original socket. Maybe I will have another look.

Take care.

Let me know how you get along with that. I’ll follow with a 12v socket once you get in and post a how to

Just a thought re 12v socket; put an adapter with in line fuse on a spur under the seat and replace the socket.

1EAEB9B5-0DAC-4001-8775-68FD4AE9665D.png

49648036-F214-4751-A3D6-FEA22BAE5599.png

Just a thought re 12v socket; put an adapter with in line fuse on a spur under the seat and replace the socket.

View attachment 93455

View attachment 93456
The fridge has both AC and DC sockets at the rear, last night I plugged it in directly to the plug under the table and obviously it worked, so back to square one with regards to a 12v socket, I’ll probably have to end up running another cable under and behind the shower to the front, same as for the DC converters, didn’t want to do that, was a pain in the A last time.

in the meantime it’s back in the garage area

image.jpg

I think I would just take the easy option and use an adaptor with a transformer in one socket

815B0771-25B7-4678-9EAB-618E9CEBB2E1.png

The fridge has both AC and DC sockets at the rear, last night I plugged it in directly to the plug under the table and obviously it worked, so back to square one with regards to a 12v socket, I’ll probably have to end up running another cable under and behind the shower to the front, same as for the DC converters, didn’t want to do that, was a pain in the A last time.

in the meantime it’s back in the garage area

View attachment 93467
Ok last thought what about the 12v power supply to your redundant step; take it up next to the frost drain pipe. You could rig a test up first to see if nothing blows up!

Ok last thought what about the 12v power supply to your redundant step; take it up next to the frost drain pipe. You could rig a test up first to see if nothing blows up!
Haha, would probably work well, having a switch to control it.. I figure though Iv already 2 cables running from the Lynx distributor for the DC2DC chargers, might as well run a third, but smaller for a 12v socket. fortunately though I did leave a line there, just incase I needed another cable pulled through.