Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC galley 3 pin sockets

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
As you know you are unable to plug in x2 electrical appliances as originally this socket arrangement was designed for euro sockets. I asked our service people at Breeze if they were able to turn 1 of them 45%

image.jpg

Last edited:
Simple but effective. That should be done on all new grands at PDI and any missed at first service.
I think you will find there is no PDI on the camping side of things. They only check the van side.

As you know you are unable to plug in x2 electrical appliances as originally this socket arrangement was designed for euro sockets. I asked our service people at Breeze if they were able to turn 1 of them 45%

View attachment 65535
Hi Will,
Thank you for your excellent tip on the galley sockets. I picked up my 680 on Tuesday and got the dealer to rotate the top socket. Thank you for your tip. Andrew

Hi Will,
Thank you for your excellent tip on the galley sockets. I picked up my 680 on Tuesday and got the dealer to rotate the top socket. Thank you for your tip. Andrew
Your very welcome Andrew. I know your going to have so much enjoyment out of this van.

Just about to start my trip to the Scottish isles tomorrow.
Can’t wait.

Will

Hi All, great solution on the plug sockets I will ask our dealer. We‘re off on our second trip this weekend two weeks in Devon so should really get a good feel for the van on this trip.

Hi All, great solution on the plug sockets I will ask our dealer. We‘re off on our second trip this weekend two weeks in Devon so should really get a good feel for the van on this trip.
Get them both turned, would look better in my opinion.

@will I’ll keep an eye out for you on the road :thumb

View attachment 65535
Our GC680 (second hand) all the sockets are Euro Sockets… wonder if we can have them converted to UK sockets and turned round.?

I've just done similar, but thought it might look better all sockets facing the same way? When a plug is plugged in the top socket the light switch is well clear and can be operated without issue.
The only slight issue was after swapping the socket to the top, it would not go fully home, as there were cables behind it. Releasing a cable tie accessed from the middle hole allowed the cables to be moved to the side, and as the cables are located by cable clamps in each socket there is no real need for the cable tie.

sockets.jpg

Back