Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC600 Accessory Questions

EuropeanVanderlust

EuropeanVanderlust

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Less than one week into GC600 Ownership and we are starting to think about accessories and had a few questions:

Bike Rack: Our GC600 needs one. We need to carry 3 bikes (2 leisure and 1 Tri)- looking to attach to the barn door. Have looked at the Thule Van XL rack with the ability to add the attachment for the 3rd bike- pros/cons? Other options/recommendations? I tried searching threads but what I can find is for the 5 or 6- and not sure if the same racks would work for the GC600

Seat Covers: Read through a ton on threads on this one! Looks like there are just a few options (Drive Dressy, Inka (modified), custom reupholster). We have a dog who will be traveling with us- any thoughts from dog owners? As covers will likely need to be removed and washed after each trip- looking for one that will hold up to this

Table & Chairs: We bought our GC600 used and the only thing that was missing was the table and chairs for the back doors. Curious if there are any alternatives that fit in the same space or if we should order the VW ones from our dealer. Also curious how comfortable the chairs are- I see that they also sell pads for them.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on any or all of these!
Diane & Marek

2020 Grand California 600 Deep Ocean Blue/Candy White

Less than one week into GC600 Ownership and we are starting to think about accessories and had a few questions:

Bike Rack: Our GC600 needs one. We need to carry 3 bikes (2 leisure and 1 Tri)- looking to attach to the barn door. Have looked at the Thule Van XL rack with the ability to add the attachment for the 3rd bike- pros/cons? Other options/recommendations? I tried searching threads but what I can find is for the 5 or 6- and not sure if the same racks would work for the GC600

Seat Covers: Read through a ton on threads on this one! Looks like there are just a few options (Drive Dressy, Inka (modified), custom reupholster). We have a dog who will be traveling with us- any thoughts from dog owners? As covers will likely need to be removed and washed after each trip- looking for one that will hold up to this

Table & Chairs: We bought our GC600 used and the only thing that was missing was the table and chairs for the back doors. Curious if there are any alternatives that fit in the same space or if we should order the VW ones from our dealer. Also curious how comfortable the chairs are- I see that they also sell pads for them.

Diane & Marek

Hi Guys

We fitted the THULE ELITE VAN XT BLACK BIKE RACK CARRIER to our 680, but only for 2 bikes. We ahve found it good if a little high when lifting bikes on and off. There is no drilling but you do have to glue it to the back door. You can open and close the doors without having to remove the bikes. Would recomment it
Enjoy your van we love our 680
John

Diane & Marek

Bike rack - we use a swing bike rack from Memo Holland which is excellent. Bolts onto the van chassis and swings clear of the rear doors. Not sure if they do one for 3 bikes but worth a look.

Chairs - The standard chairs are the same ones used in the Ocean, practical and functional but not particularly comfortable. I replaced outs with a couple of Dometic Modena Relax which are super comfortable and you can also get leg rests that clip on. The rear seat pockets need a bit of a tweak to accommodate - see https://www.facebook.com/groups/833942000874865/permalink/1077539613181768/.

Table - looks very similar to the one in the Ocean as well so probably available from VW or other vendors.

Back