Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC600 issues

Must be made of chocolate, it it “corrodes” in 3 weeks
Would be interesting to know if it is a direct tap to pump circuit or if there is a relay in between?

They still don’t know but the new vans have a small sign next to the tap saying ‘Don’t use after midnight’, I think they still have a few Gremlin’s in the system.
Don't worry mate. I got it.

Hymer Free S?
I share your dilemma, we love our Cali but need something contained because of CVD 19 . The Hymer S and the GCal seem to have less 'living space " than the cali as the bed is permanently up. I seems a waste of space as unfolding the bed isn't really a chore . We would like a larger van with a folding bed so we get lots of living space, but this seems hard to find !

The area at the rear which the bed folds on to acts as a storage area i.e boot. More importantly it houses a 100l water tank, two large gas bottles and in my case two 95 amp/hr lesuire batteries plus fuse boards etc.
Personally after the Cali the addition living room is enhance by swivel seats that actually work and the fact there's no floor handbrake.
The fact that you can stand upright throughout the van is a real bonus.
Hymer Free and S are also available with poptop.
If living space is still an issue the only option is one of the longer 6.5/7 m PVC or even a small 'A' class.

I share your dilemma, we love our Cali but need something contained because of CVD 19 . The Hymer S and the GCal seem to have less 'living space " than the cali as the bed is permanently up. I seems a waste of space as unfolding the bed isn't really a chore . We would like a larger van with a folding bed so we get lots of living space, but this seems hard to find !
Sounds like you need a club joker :thumb

Joker has bigger lounge and kitchen, sleeps 3 and is 4x4 and only 5.4m.
A few tweaks and the grand will be just as good like the sven underfloor heating and 4x4
You win on the closed off bathroom:thumb

Hi folks,

Has anyone out there suffered problems with their GC's. I've had major issues with the hot/cold water system. After being on-site for a couple of the days, the water pump wouldn't turn off ultimately needing to be disconnected. The issue would then go away and then return randomly without anyone using the system. Vehicle now in for repair, but VW are struggling to diagnose and repair the issue.
We have noticed the water pump issue is connected to the kitchen sink tap, push it to cold turn it on and then turn it off this sorted ours. There's a micro switch on that tap

Back