Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
9833a5c7d0532029bdba258e371b35a4.jpg

Police handout of campervan

Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52914016

Good evening,

This is a terrible sad case which is going on for so long. Now with the new developments I hope that the family will get answers.

My first impression when I heard the news this morning (German news) I wasn't happy at all, but now thinking about it it might be good that the VW Camper van picture was published. This vehicle might stay in peoples memory better than a white VW Golf.

Regards,
Eberhard

Good evening,

This is a terrible sad case which is going on for so long. Now with the new developments I hope that the family will get answers.

My first impression when I heard the news this morning (German news) I wasn't happy at all, but now thinking about it it might be good that the VW Camper van picture was published. This vehicle might stay in peoples memory better than a white VW Golf.
Anyone now driving a yellow VW camper, especially with one or more young children in the back will get a very odd look!

Last edited:
Anyone now driving a yellow VW camper, especially with one or more young children in the back will get a very odd look
I’m quite sure there are many people (with or without children) who feel strongly about what has happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening,

Well, I thought the same. All this is terrible. I can imagine that the parents have to live with this.

One could say, it should be possible to leave the children a bit by themselves. But I am sure that mentally sick people are out and about since thousands of years which would take advantage of such an opportunity and do bad things a normal person would not even dream off to do.

Also children do "stupid" things on their own accord. That is natural to explore or try to figure something out. Young children won't necessarily know what is dangerous and what is ok to do. For this the parents are their to guide, observe and protect.

Regards,
Eberhard

Couple of years ago we stayed at a “family” hotel in Cornwall.

In the evenings you were meant to leave the children in the room with a night monitor. Sound only.
Then head downstairs for dinner.

So we put little Soulstyle to bed, closed the door and stood outside the room in the hallway on the 1st floor, for about a minute.
I couldn’t leave him alone in a hotel room, even though he was fast asleep for the night. Nope felt completely wrong.
So went back into the room, lifted him into his buggy and went down to the restaurant.
They wouldn’t serve us, or give us a table with a sleeping baby in the buggy.
No children allowed in the restaurant at night...!!!

Next day we checked out of the hotel.
I’ve seen similar places advertised since and every time I say to my wife. It’s one of those Maddie hotels.
I can’t believe parents are comfortable doing this sort of thing...

I just hope there were sad people about like me who always takes pics of VWs they see when on holiday..maybe something will come along and help take this forwards
Those parents need some sort of closure...knowing, however painful, is better that never knowing...

Shame it didn’t seem like bad taste to you at the time.
I’m sure we can all think back to things we have done, or our parents / children have done or in the past, without any realisation at the time that it may be considered bad taste or worse in the future.
Hopefully we are all now a little more considerate moving forwards.

hoping that justice for Maddie is served. The parent debate can go on - but they must be living in some sort of hell as its looking like her passing will be very grim.As a parent it is all very sacry. News reports currently looking like he has done this several times.

hoping that justice for Maddie is served. The parent debate can go on - but they must be living in some sort of hell as its looking like her passing will be very grim.As a parent it is all very sacry. News reports currently looking like he has done this several times.

I hope they close this and nail the right person. The conspiracy theorists, assuming they are completely wrong, have completely trashed the lives and reputations of two devastated parents. So so sad for the innocent especially that poor child.

Couple of years ago we stayed at a “family” hotel in Cornwall.

In the evenings you were meant to leave the children in the room with a night monitor. Sound only.
Then head downstairs for dinner.

So we put little Soulstyle to bed, closed the door and stood outside the room in the hallway on the 1st floor, for about a minute.
I couldn’t leave him alone in a hotel room, even though he was fast asleep for the night. Nope felt completely wrong.
So went back into the room, lifted him into his buggy and went down to the restaurant.
They wouldn’t serve us, or give us a table with a sleeping baby in the buggy.
No children allowed in the restaurant at night...!!!

Next day we checked out of the hotel.
I’ve seen similar places advertised since and every time I say to my wife. It’s one of those Maddie hotels.
I can’t believe parents are comfortable doing this sort of thing...
One of my childhood memories is of being left in a hotel room one evening with my sister and a monitor linked to the reception....I remember us yelling don the monitor and no one came ....we were in Jersey and my parents had gone to see the preparation for the Battle of Flowers....Jimmy Saville was the ‘chieftain’ and I cried cos Mum and Dad had met him...! (It was a very long time ago...different times...!)

One of my childhood memories is of being left in a hotel room one evening with my sister and a monitor linked to the reception....I remember us yelling don the monitor and no one came ....we were in Jersey and my parents had gone to see the preparation for the Battle of Flowers....Jimmy Saville was the ‘chieftain’ and I cried cos Mum and Dad had met him...! (It was a very long time ago...different times...!)
I met him once at a business function and he was quite arrogant and creepy.

Back