Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

4moition.....no more?

I can’t believe you cannot order a 4M now.
How lucky was I biting the bullet.
I’ll keep abreast of this thread…..

I also find this interesting - it’s a spy shot of the 2024 Transit repacement. An id Buzz size it is not, for all those endlessly rattling on that the Buzz is the next version of the Transporter and 6.1 camper.

It’s. Too. Small.

The VW and Ford will share “underpinnings” - so chassis, drivetrain, engine and basic floorplan shape, but the interiors and panels will be very different. This is very common and there are a lot more cars out these today that do this than many people realise - it’s just finally coming to the van world.

It seems both vans could be built in Turkey, at a factory owned by neither Ford nor VW. Personally it’s not outside the realms of possibility that the basic VW Twhatever will be build here and shipped over as a “body in white” to Hannover (or where relevant) to then convert to a Camper.

Not too different from building the transporter in Poland and shipping to Hannover for conversion as they do now. Ok distances are a bit longer but it’s nothing new, even to VW

it’s not outside the realms of possibility that the basic VW Twhatever will be build here and shipped over as a “body in white” to Hannover (or where relevant) to then convert to a Camper.
We read on the German forums that VW have already asked 3rd parties to underwrite to the assembling of California's on the basis of the T6.1-follow-up/Tourneo van. So that seems the way forward definitely.

Not too different from building the transporter in Poland and shipping to Hannover for conversion as they do now. Ok distances are a bit longer but it’s nothing new, even to VW
Transporter is built in Hannover

We read on the German forums that VW have already asked 3rd parties to underwrite to the assembling of California's on the basis of the T6.1-follow-up/Tourneo van. So that seems the way forward definitely.

Who’s the third party…?
Westfalia?

Or should I say the base vehicle on which the Coast/Ocean is built is manufactured in Hannover.

That’s an open question still: they are supposed to have asked several potential partners for a bid.

Westfalia seem the sensible choice.
I thought the nugget was Westy. The original Volkswagen was Westfalia also I believe

I can’t believe you cannot order a 4M now.
How lucky was I biting the bullet.
I’ll keep abreast of this thread…..
I was at the dealership today getting some warranty work done.

Asked the sales manager about the 4m and he said it’s a 6 month hold on orders due to parts availability and should be back to normal after that.

Also mentioned that the ID.Buzz Camper is scheduled for end 2024.

But who knows if any of this is accurate..!