Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Getting more excited by the minute

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Going up to Liverpool to place our order for an Ocean before the price rise. Keep going over different forum messages, the facebook posts, the vw build webpages and the brochure. We've been thinking about it and researching since May. Feeling like I'll need a support group to get me through the build time.
We had a fabulous Toyota HiAce that has recently failed it's MOT with serious corrosion so can't even get out in this fabulous autumn weather. Feeling like a caged bird :(!
Roll on spring and fingers crossed for a short build time.

Hello and welcome!

The build time will no doubt be fairly short but how long it takes VW to sort out the paperwork to allow the dealer to register it will be anybody's guess!!

What spec were you thinking?

Support group here we are! Welcome and tell us more about your future van!

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. Let us know about the colour, options etc you've chosen. The waiting time will probably seem longer than it actually is but it will be worth it and you'll get it early enough next year to really get out and about.

We’re in the same boat so to speak - have a build confirmed of week 45 so getting close! Will be an Acapulco Blue Ocean plus following options: 198bhp, LEDs, Discover media plus, chrome pack, shower attachment, ACC, parking sensors with camera, mudflaps, magnetic torch, tow bar prep, lockable storage compartment & 80 litre fuel tank. Hoping for an early to mid December delivery and excited too!

We’re in the same boat so to speak - have a build confirmed of week 45 so getting close! Will be an Acapulco Blue Ocean plus following options: 198bhp, LEDs, Discover media plus, chrome pack, shower attachment, ACC, parking sensors with camera, mudflaps, magnetic torch, tow bar prep, lockable storage compartment & 80 litre fuel tank. Hoping for an early to mid December delivery and excited too!

Sounds great. I ordered in July (build week 33 i think) current expecting delivery at Christmas week 52 following WLTP delays... likely the new year in reality, so you might be waiting a bit longer I'm afraid!

:welcome

You will appreciate it all the more if you’re ‘caged’ all Winter!

Will report on progress as and when we have more news!

Woooooohoooooo, the deed is done, deposit down. Samways at Liverpool, Josh welcomed us and then Adam took over. They spent over 3 hours with making sure we were happy and answering all our questions. Had a test drive and it confirmed all we love about Volksi’s. Very relaxed in the showroom, no pressure. Got a good discount and some dealer products thrown in. We came away feeling very satisfied and now I’m even more excited .

White (only other colour we liked was starlight blue but i’m Colour blind and it just looked like black), 150 dsg, no bling stuff (i’m very practical and like functionality). All confusion over the factory tint sorted and green insulating glass with privacy ordered. No extra media stuff or sat nav as we like our own apps. Few other extra things like mud flaps, parking sensors, etc.

Now it’s time for looking at extras, we’re seasoned campervanners so know what we won’t work for us. Our old Hiace was a high top and had lots of storage so now it’s a total rethink as to where to put things and being more creative with space. So be prepared for more probing questions in the various forums.

Thanks to everyone for all your comments and support.

Reactions: Sad
Fab and well done - very exciting! The forums here have been fantastic for us (thanks everyone) plus there are a lot of really good You Tube videos with good tips and practical stuff too such as square zipped storage bags that fit perfectly in the wardrobe etc etc! We’ve a long list of stuff to get despite already having a classic VW so seasoned campers like you!

Woooooohoooooo, the deed is done, deposit down. Samways at Liverpool, Josh welcomed us and then Adam took over. They spent over 3 hours with making sure we were happy and answering all our questions. Had a test drive and it confirmed all we love about Volksi’s. Very relaxed in the showroom, no pressure. Got a good discount and some dealer products thrown in. We came away feeling very satisfied and now I’m even more excited .

White (only other colour we liked was starlight blue but i’m Colour blind and it just looked like black), 150 dsg, no bling stuff (i’m very practical and like functionality). All confusion over the factory tint sorted and green insulating glass with privacy ordered. No extra media stuff or sat nav as we like our own apps. Few other extra things like mud flaps, parking sensors, etc.

Now it’s time for looking at extras, we’re seasoned campervanners so know what we won’t work for us. Our old Hiace was a high top and had lots of storage so now it’s a total rethink as to where to put things and being more creative with space. So be prepared for more probing questions in the various forums.

Thanks to everyone for all your comments and support.
We’re build week 52. Liverpool reckon it might be at theirs in January. Much, much sooner than I thought. BUT as you guys know, we’ll see. Even so, my excitement level has just gone up a couple of notches.

Fab and well done - very exciting! The forums here have been fantastic for us (thanks everyone) plus there are a lot of really good You Tube videos with good tips and practical stuff too such as square zipped storage bags that fit perfectly in the wardrobe etc etc! We’ve a long list of stuff to get despite already having a classic VW so seasoned campers like you!
It’s going to be totally different to the Hiace. Bed, cupboards, poptop, storage, everything :). Santa’s finding it hard keeping up with my wish list.

Back