Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California dream is over for now.....cancelling order

Whilst I appreciate your decision I wouldnt do it. Deperication is the true cost of the vehicle. The 3 series will be worth about 25k in 3 years time. The Cali twice as much.

Opps. I have a Defender 110 P400 XS on order since April but getting fed up with the constant delays. I have gone back to BMW and ordered an X545E as well (Defender is going if it arrives first unless it beyond brilliant). Anticapating depreciation but hoping this may be offset if fuel continues to rise. 9% off RRP help ease the burden.

An aquaintence has the 110 518bhp V8. Says it is the best car he has ever had and prefers it to his current model full fat Range Rover. I think he needs to sign up for COP26...

Sorry to hear of your decision Phil, the BMW is a different cattle of fish and by no means a comparison. Although they are good cars the cost of owning and running is by far more than a Cali, then of course what you can do with a Cali you cannot do with a car. A Cali can be an everyday vehicle, as well as mentioned before you can sleep cook and camp etc in it.
In my opinion, you are going to regret it, and if you can hold on just lease a car or buy a cheap one to hold till the VW turns up. You really have no guarantees the baemer will be available when they say.
Hope you enjoy whichever way you go.

Sorry to hear of your decision Phil, the BMW is a different cattle of fish and by no means a comparison. Although they are good cars the cost of owning and running is by far more than a Cali, then of course what you can do with a Cali you cannot do with a car. A Cali can be an everyday vehicle, as well as mentioned before you can sleep cook and camp etc in it.
In my opinion, you are going to regret it, and if you can hold on just lease a car or buy a cheap one to hold till the VW turns up. You really have no guarantees the baemer will be available when they say.
Hope you enjoy whichever way you go.
Im sure this is an already pretty much closed thread because im fairly sure that I read that @PhilR has actually ordered another Cali. :cheers Awesome btw!

PS. Having sold my Cali 3 weeks ago after over 18 months ownership im over the moon with having collected my new BMW M3 and cant wait for all the road adventures ahead. Totally different animal but to me just as fabulously fun on the road as the cali was/is a campervan. Scratching a boyhood itch it has to be said and the better half and I have agreed that a Cali will be purchased again in time once the kids have grown.

Reservations after a 2 day hire... I guess you were dreaming of a lifestyle that just wasn't you or didn't work for your situation right now. You shouldn't throw good money after bad, so its better to get out while the costs and hassle become too high. As I am one of the ones in the queue for a build date, I benefit from there being one less right hand drive vehicle in front of me though.

Reservations after a 2 day hire... I guess you were dreaming of a lifestyle that just wasn't you or didn't work for your situation right now. You shouldn't throw good money after bad, so its better to get out while the costs and hassle become too high. As I am one of the ones in the queue for a build date, I benefit from there being one less right hand drive vehicle in front of me though.
He has already re-ordered.

Every time this thread pops up to the top, I wonder if @PhilR has changed his mind again ... and come and have a look ... until, the day, I see Phil's pic with his van, or Phil closes this thread so that it does not pop back up again , I shall always return. ;) :thumb

:bananadance2

Lol. I’m still here!!! And I haven’t changed my mind again. I didn’t realise I could “close the thread”. Maybe I need to do that?
I’m not going to explain myself too much again, but there was a heck of a lot more to it than deciding after a 2 day hire! Oh, and the BMW is absolutely phenomenal. The best car I’ve ever owned, and I’ve owned some decent motors over the years. It turned up before they promised too. Yes it will depreciate like crazy, but I’ve been through enough in my life to not worry about that.
I have wanted some kind of camper for years though, and yes we ordered a 204 4MO Ocean in October, so I’m really looking forward to that. I’m the meantime I’ll enjoy the BM.
Thanks all

Nice one, enjoy them both. If you can keep them both.

Back