Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gin and juice

Black tomato gin and Filliers Dry 28 Barrel with Fever tree.

Nice

Been testing Cognac and ginger ale tonight. :pinkbanana

Brought some new gins with us from the UK.
Two from the ferry , 1liter botlles for about the price of a 0,70 botlle normal here .
The Botanist i had before and is nice
Whitley Neill , new to me as are the other two (three with the small)

In St-Ives there was a liqeur store where they let me taste the St-Ives gin and got the Caspyn (midsummer dry / green one) and as i was doubting between the Tarquin i got a small one to taste .

Now trying the St-Ives at home
View attachment 32672

+1 for The Botanist
Have Osmoz Classic open atm, which is very nice and better than their 'special edition' Citrus gin I think
Manchester Gin also on the go, which I really liked but Osmoz is the favourite child of the two

Aviation is also recommended, so many to choose from these days! :)

Here’s a handy gin tip. We have a gin producer near us and every year they have a gin swap.

If you know the location of any sloe berry bushes pick them when ripe and freeze then once a year they have a weekend when you can turn up and swap your frozen berries for gin.

Another gin fan.

Just purchased a bottle of Warner Edwards Rhubarb to try out on a weekend away in the depths of Somerset over bank holiday.

Might feel weird driving with a bottle of gin in the door pocket but haven't found anywhere better to store it yet!

Like mine cold so the Gin bottle and some Tonic live in the fridge, Gin against the back wall Tonic the front. Tried it the other way round initially but the Tonic froze and burst, as ice not always available.
Also I read somewhere , not sure if it is true, that in some Scandinavian countries you are not allowed to have Alcohol in the passenger compartment unless in a lockable box. :rolleyes:

Couple of additionals to the bar.

6B931C26-FEFC-49F9-9F30-EB0948A42D48.jpeg 1D07569E-13FA-4E1F-9AD5-539A15634B88.jpeg

I’m liking the look of this bad boy.

0A7C45A2-E922-4371-8B5E-98B322E08C14.jpeg

Good thing about it is: we have a California. Don't feel like driving anymore? Pop up the roof and get some sleep.

It's rude not to try the local produce when on holiday. So we purchased this local gin whilst on holiday in Sardinia earlier this year.
20190924_103248.jpg
I though it was a bit pricey at the time. I've just looked it up on t'internet and it's £90 a pop online!!!

Oh taste? Mrs B isn't impressed but I think it's very nice. Would I by it again? Not if I had to pay that price.

Here's our current selection.
Screenshot_20190924-113232_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190924-113252_Gallery.jpg
I love Blackwoods gin however that particular one was a present from our eldest. It's a 60 % special edition. We have only tried it the once using a normal measure. Big mistake! We now keep it purely for cats and visitors.

We could organise a Gin-meet with tasting ....
@Kmann , can you remember who it was giving me the botlle of Borholm gin at the meet ? He said he reads the forum frequent but don't post himself .
The guy with the ice-cube maker in his Cali.

Yes - it was Claus and Lene in the Black 4Motion at the right side of the waterfront. A Gin-meet is a splendid idea!