Glacier blue roof bellows?

MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello all,

Has anyone got a glacier blue roof bellows option and a photo. Be nice to see the colour before i order it? Seen loads of reds, but not glacier blue?

Seen one at Preston vw ...really nice and different I would say it’s more of a navy blue,would probably weather well too

Seen one at Preston vw ...really nice and different I would say it’s more of a navy blue,would probably weather well too
Suppose you got no photos, all i get when i type in vw glacier blue is this beetle so is this the colour....

Screenshot_20180712-124214_Chrome.jpg

....its ok, find it from another forum thread :) but wouldnt call that galcier blue. What colour do VW think Glaciers are??? Thanks
Screenshot_20180712-124547_Adobe Acrobat.jpg Screenshot_20180712-124604_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Suppose you got no photos, all i get when i type in vw glacier blue is this beetle so is this the colour....

View attachment 35451
Hi mark
No it’s a lot darker than that .if you have Instagram ?? search( my California eu) he had pictures on of one not too long ago hope that helps.bellows will fade with the sun so blue is a good choice

8D718F87-173A-4885-BFDB-EB3B577CBCD2.jpeg

Here’s a photo in the flesh of one I looked at last year at Liverpool. I like it, makes the roof bed much darker as well. What body colour are you having?

I think the grey is as light as it can get, the blue will fade but still look ok I recon but the red will fade quite possibly to pink in sunlight

Do the greys fade? Wonder whay chemicals theu ise to colour them, maybe UV resistant?????????
I don't know but if grey does fade it would probably be less noticable than a faded Blue or Red canvas.

Does any one have a red bellow or blue one for a couple of years and do they fade?

...also having a darker roof bellow (red/ blue) how does it look when inside and roof up

...also having a darker roof bellow (red/ blue) how does it look when inside and roof up
It’s good at blocking the morning sun, but of course if it’s dull the van will be darker during the day. That doesn’t bother us though, as we have the internal topper from Comfortz which is light material.

I would definitely go for the blue again as the standard bellows is a bit translucent. The red is nice but I’m not sure about the colour cast inside the van.

It’s good at blocking the morning sun, but of course if it’s dull the van will be darker during the day. That doesn’t bother us though, as we have the internal topper from Comfortz which is light material.

I would definitely go for the blue again as the standard bellows is a bit translucent. The red is nice but I’m not sure about the colour cast inside the van.
Thats good to hear, and how do you find it, has it faded, any photosas that would be great, marketing brochures are not always true to life ;-)

Thats good to hear, and how do you find it, has it faded, any photosas that would be great, marketing brochures are not always true to life ;-)
This is the only photo I could find, taken at dusk last week so not the best lighting. Of course, no fading as the van is only a few months old!
126ABA24-C440-4EF9-826D-48FD61E46AD9.jpeg

Aghhh yep that’s it well done
Hey fellow bellowheads!, been watching this thread. Our Calli is almost immaculate in every way but there are a couple of tiny nicks in the bello s canvas which have been repaired. We’re considering having it replaced but haven’t found a thread giving much on this (I’m sure there will be one). Does anyone have any recommendations on where to start looking to get a decent replacement?
We live in the Lake District.

Don’t buy red! We used to have a T2 on our fleet with a red roof we added for a visit England promotion. It’s really awful being in the roof in the daylight. Everything is red obviously. Sort of stressful, living in hell, headache enducing red!
We have blue fabric on some of our T2s and it does fade quite a lot even though it is top quality specific outdoor canvas fabric (for boats). I would say 6-10 years until it looks bad enough to warrant a replacement. £650 for new bellows by the way. £55-60k on a van and £650 every 6-7 years to spruce it up. I would go for it. I think we shall even try blue next time.

Back