Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Glastonbury 2016

I'm guessing everyone has heard that due to weather campervan fields not opening until 6pm tomorrow?

I'm guessing everyone has heard that due to weather campervan fields not opening until 6pm tomorrow?

Yes, but I imagine there will be quite a few who won't have heard / will just ignore, meaning the roads round the area will be (more than a bit) congested with motor homes and caravans milling around until 6pm. Of course Cali's can weave down all the narrow country lanes and hopefully find a quiet, peaceful spot to lay up for a few hours, have a brew and sunbathe. Come 6pm it could be fun getting on site. My plan was to arrive Wednesday, so I'm definitely sticking to that now!

:)
Glastonbury, Cali and kids is the family dream. Still waiting for delivery so we're Cali-less but crazy excited for this week still. Do you mind me asking, how did you get the kids out of school? Our daughter is only 1 but I'm nervously planning for the future...
Too True:),
Glastonbury, Cali and kids is the family dream. Still waiting for delivery so we're Cali-less but crazy excited for this week still. Do you mind me asking, how did you get the kids out of school? Our daughter is only 1 but I'm nervously planning for the future...
Getting a Cali was on bucket list and next on the list was Glasto With Kids, Living the Dream:):bananadance...Told the School were off to Glastonbury, Kids teachers were Wow great Experience Callum and Ella will Love it , they were also a little bit jealous as they couldn't get tickets, the headmaster just signed it off as unofficial leave, I think the penalty was worth it:bananadance

:)
Too True:),

Getting a Cali was on bucket list and next on the list was Glasto With Kids, Living the Dream:):bananadance...Told the School were off to Glastonbury, Kids teachers were Wow great Experience Callum and Ella will Love it , they were also a little bit jealous as they couldn't get tickets, the headmaster just signed it off as unofficial leave, I think the penalty was worth it:bananadance

That's a great story. Can't imagine how a week in school could better the experience and learning they'll get from a week at Glastonbury.

Very jealous we won't be joining you. Have to wait a few more weeks before our Festival visits kick off at BlueDot.

Have a great time and say hello to PJ Harvey for me ;)

We have been stuck in traffic for the past 11 hours, it has really taken the shine off things. We have now been told on local radio that they are towing us on to the camping fields with a tractor so so Tony is frantically trying to fit the tow eye!

Any other Cali's in this queue?

We have been stuck in traffic for the past 11 hours, it has really taken the shine off things. We have now been told on local radio that they are towing us on to the camping fields with a tractor so so Tony is frantically trying to fit the tow eye!

Any other Cali's in this queue?
Oh! That doesn't sound good, we plan getting there tomorrow, hope the situation improves by then. Good luck.

Warnings on Radio that traffic is horrendous

Mike

They basically told people not to leave and if they're on route to perhaps take a detour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just seen some pictures of people arriving, why would anyone want to go through all this? Maybe I am getting old!

_90056266_mediaitem90056262.jpg

_90057957_hi033642771.jpg

I always buy shares in wellies just before Glastonbury ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way too much mud this year, we also have a big scratch down the side of the van, not sure if it was keyed or someone fell against it :(. We won't be coming back :(

Sorry to hear about the scratch :(

We had a great time, 2 hrs to get in was a bit of a drag but because we left last night before Coldplay finished we drove straight out with no holdups what so ever (and no tow out required).

Didn't find the mud a problem in the campsite but it did make it an extra effort walking around the 'venue' itself.

Will definitely do again :thumb

13495012_10210378313360690_846398819484121617_n.jpg

Mates T4, T2 & our T6.

We had an awesome time (despite the mud).
Our new van was a haven from the madness and worked a treat. Lovely smooth drive down from Yorkshire and back. Leisure battery and water lasted 5 nights (so I won't be bothering with electric hook up on weekend campsites again!) My mates were all happy to have me make tea and coffee for them in the morning as they didn't have kitchens (are they then not campervan debate ?!)

Sorry @jess about the scratch. The happened to me in 2014 when someone fell into my old van. I didn't have a good Glasto that year. I had a year off and came back with a bang this year.

I walked 55 miles on site according to my phone. Anyone walked more?! We should get extra points for doing it in mud!

Happy days !!

image.jpeg

Ah, the T6 Ocean! You weren't far from us, walked past yours numerous times but no one was there to say hi to.

That's a shame @surfer-rich. We did tend to use it for just somewhere to sleep though.

Next year!!