Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Glenridding and Helvellyn

Left Ben’s school at 2.10pm; suffered a 30m delay at the Blackwall Tunnel then a fairly clear run A12/M11/A14/A1 arriving at Scotch Corner at 6.50pm.

Already bedded down for the night ready for an early start tomorrow.

Enjoy your weekend it will be good weather up here, have you decided on a camping location for tomorrow yet?

Enjoy your weekend it will be good weather up here, have you decided on a camping location for tomorrow yet?

Much will depend on what time we are off the hill. We might try searching out a campsite, but I expect that will be a bit of a wild goose chase.

BraithwIte Fold car park looks the better of the two which allow overnight camping, but I also been given the sites of two places away from the main lakes area which might be OK.

If all goes well I’d like to do the Crinkle Crags on Sunday.

Much will depend on what time we are off the hill. We might try searching out a campsite, but I expect that will be a bit of a wild goose chase.

BraithwIte Fold car park looks the better of the two which allow overnight camping, but I also been given the sites of two places away from the main lakes area which might be OK.

If all goes well I’d like to do the Crinkle Crags on Sunday.
Crinkle Crags are nice with Pavey Ark but if nice weather it'll be crowded. Go further up Langdale and veer off to the left which will take you up a gulley to a nice plateau with excellent views of Scafell. Not too strenuous but less used. Wish I was up there with you :(

Good night’s sleep. Up at 5.30. Arrived Glenridding before 7. Lakes deserted- loads of wild camping spots with signs “no overnight stays”. All cafes in Glenridding closed until 8!

Enjoy the day, and I hope the weather is good! Sunshine and 25°C here...

No more than 12 degrees at 750 metres.
323fb1b2bd0856185be27c565ccbd857.jpg

Great pics Tom, weather looks great too (lucky sod).
If your down at glenridding worth popping into gillside campsite, as the owner is lovely and who knows maybe able to squeeze you in especially if you don’t need hook up.

Looks fantastic, and not too busy