Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS510 Navigation Arrival time 1 hour adrift.

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Westafalia club joker
I've noticed a couple of times now that when using the Sat Nav on the RNS510 that having set it up to get me to my destination it displays the "correct" eta. For example an hour to get to Lyndhurst it shows arrival time 1330. Then during the drive this arrival time gets updated to exactly one hour later, 1430 and stays at 1430 until my arrival at 1330! I suspect that it might be related to the rerouting due to traffic congestion and/or the system thinking its in Europe. Has anyone had a similar problem?

I've noticed a couple of times now that when using the Sat Nav on the RNS510 that having set it up to get me to my destination it displays the "correct" eta. For example an hour to get to Lyndhurst it shows arrival time 1330. Then during the drive this arrival time gets updated to exactly one hour later, 1430 and stays at 1430 until my arrival at 1330! I suspect that it might be related to the rerouting due to traffic congestion and/or the system thinking its in Europe. Has anyone had a similar problem?
Never came across this problem.
Would seem like a mismatch between California Time and Satellite time.

I was thinking it might be a pesky European satellite........ Brexit payback

I have noticed such things also ....RNS 510 sucks....!

I have noticed such things also ....RNS 510 sucks....!
Well it's got me to wherever I want to go all over the UK and Europe without any problems. The time is an estimate only and seems to work OK on mine. Of course it helps if you have upto date maps and firmware.

I never liked it and now just use a Tom -Tom for peace of mind...
I did not chose for the RNS510 as it was already in the Cali when i bought it as a showroommodel.
Think not worth the money imo .
They say the sat nav on T6 is better , witch i hope so....

I never liked it and now just use a Tom -Tom for peace of mind...
I did not chose for the RNS510 as it was already in the Cali when i bought it as a showroommodel.
Think not worth the money imo .
They say the sat nav on T6 is better , witch i hope so....
Well if it still has 2012 Firmware then that will explain many of your problems, combined with out of date map data. As far as the T6 is concerned I wouldn't raise your hopes too high.

Back