Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS 510 navigation route list

M

MarkW

VIP Member
Hi,

Once you entered a destination how can you check what route (including road names) the navigation has selected? (I don't mean the quickest, shortest or most economical)

Can you amend a route i.e. add a particular road or place you want to go through or avoid?

Thanks,

Mark

I can't answer your question. You need to remember that the RNS510 is quite an old basic system & does not do a lot of these sort of functions.
Have you checked in the manual ?

You can amend a route by adding a Stopover. Once you have the map up on the screen press the button at the bottom of the screen that shows the mileage and estimated time and a menu comes up asking if you want a stopover. You can choose either the exact location or close to. I use this a lot to tweak routes to suit us.
Not sure about avoidances, might be possible to use the Congestion facilty?
I just zoom in to see road names etc. I rather like the RNS system for the reason that it is simple. The latest maps are as up to date as other systems that we have, Garmin, CoPilot etc. Maps on any system are usually at least a year old by the time they get updated so will never be completely correct.

Back