willwander

willwander

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Anyone stayed here recently?
How was it?
…or is there a better alternative for last minute stop over.

Not stayed overnight but food is better than the average service station

Yes, we have stayed Northbound overnight. Not the best night's sleep we have ever had. 'Tis noisy as you are very close to the carriageway. We found it was better with the roof down though.

Not inclined to do it again unless we get caught short with tiredness.

Alan

Yes, just park near to the service building away from the motorway. I sleep like a log ... so noise does not make much of a difference once asleep.

3 hrs free and If I am not wrong £12 or somewhere around that for the night.

Yes, still £12 for the night. We stayed in the caravan park, the main carpark may be a little quieter, but there won't be much in it I suspect.

Alan

Thanks everyone, we stayed last night in the southbound caravan park. It was ok. Bit noisy with traffic from the motorway, but it didn’t bother us, the constant hum from the traffic was like ASMR, slept well.

There’s a few campsites around that way.
Thanks everyone, we stayed last night in the southbound caravan park. It was ok. Bit noisy with traffic from the motorway, but it didn’t bother us, the constant hum from the traffic was like ASMR, slept well.

Experienced similar in France.
Now, I drive off at the next junction and find a quiet layby or church carpark.

If looking for a nice spot in Gloucestershire ? - i live in Cheltenham and can recommend a sneaky legit spot by the park /close to town.

Park on Pittville Lawn - free during evening - during the day 4 hours free which gives you til midday.

Right on the park / quiet and close to all the fun spots