Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Going back to small radio

amdby

amdby

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My van came with an updated 7" sat nav but it's stopped working and I was thinking of going back to a traditional sized stereo through which I could play my phone. However, I have a 7" square hole in the dashboard.... Is there a mount that I can buy which will house a normal little stereo?

Try some googleing on: vw t5 double din to single din

My van came with an updated 7" sat nav but it's stopped working and I was thinking of going back to a traditional sized stereo through which I could play my phone. However, I have a 7" square hole in the dashboard.... Is there a mount that I can buy which will house a normal little stereo?
Very unlikely that the hole would've been made bigger to house the 7 inch screen. It will be a standard double DIN. Can you post the measurements of the hole?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks... In fact I got an android carplay unit fitted for £150 by a nice bloke in Liverpool....( Halfords charge about £200 just for fitting!) These machines are a bit clunky but I'm hoping to work out most of the functions some time over the next year or two!

I bought a Kenwood head unit with GPS / SatNav to go into my old '59 plate T5 conversion to replace the base VW FM radio. £593 (!) back in 2014, so not everything is more expensive these days.

In fact then had to buy a second unit, after some scrote nicked it (cutting the wires with my big Swiss Army Knife, which he also took out of the door bin ...) I'd not realised my van had developed a fault in the cabling under the passenger seat which meant the passenger door didn't ever lock when I plipped the remote :mad:

Thanks... In fact I got an android carplay unit fitted for £150 by a nice bloke in Liverpool....( Halfords charge about £200 just for fitting!) These machines are a bit clunky but I'm hoping to work out most of the functions some time over the next year or two!
Can you share your Liverpool contact? I fancy an upgrade as we don’t have digital radio and car play would be nice. Looking for advice and costs.

Back