Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Good campsite in New Forest

B

Big Mac

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi, I have just picked up my Ocean and I would like to plan a trip to the New Forest for a few days, totally new to camping but I would like a woodland setting, quite private with good walks (I also have a border collie so dogs accepted too).
Can anyone recommend a good campsite?
BIG MAC

Hi, I have just picked up my Ocean and I would like to plan a trip to the New Forest for a few days, totally new to camping but I would like a woodland setting, quite private with good walks (I also have a border collie so dogs accepted too).
BIG MAC

Take a look at https://www.campingintheforest.co.uk lots of options available, used them last month good service and locations, campsites are not as regimented as the "club" sites, just a warning they may not have any hook up facilities so make sure your batteries are charged.

Sandy Balls is a nice location, mostly statics but have a camper / caravan field. Good walking through the woods to the river.

There's a pub, restaurant, shop & pool onsite if you're just getting started & not ready to go too far off-piste yet ;)

BIG MAC
Hollands Wood campsite (no electric hook up) is within walking distance of Brockenhurst. There is a good site in Sway, 'Rushcroft Farm', 2 minutes walk to Sway and 2 minutes walk to the forest for your dogs, good food at The Silver Hind pub or The Hare and Hounds.

Hollands Wood campsite (no electric hook up) is within walking distance of Brockenhurst. There is a good site in Sway, 'Rushcroft Farm', 2 minutes walk to Sway and 2 minutes walk to the forest for your dogs, good food at The Silver Hind pub or The Hare and Hounds.
Stayed near Hollands wood 2 weeks ago. I would have happily moved from my site to there. It looked a great woodland site, but perhaps book a pitch as far from the nearby road as possible.

Setthorns and Denny Wood are my two favourites in the Forest. Setthorns is about 30 minutes walk to Sway and Denny Wood about the same to BeaulieuRd station and the Drift Inn. Neither site has facilities so you need a portable loo. Not sure if they are dog friendly but the Camping in the Forest website will say.

We stayed one night in Hollands Wood three years ago now and found it very plesant.
Last year we visited Postern Hill in Marlborough and that was also a niceone!
Camping in the forrest is a good concept !

Roundhill is our favourite in the forest - really open quiet site, no set pitches, good facilities and families of wild donkeys and ponies wandering around the site! Kids adore it

IMG_1624.JPG