Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Good place to fit TV

Good place to fit TV?

In the sitting room/lounge/drawing room/living room/parlour/front room/salon/family room*

*delete as applicable according to location/social class etc.

Not in a camper!

Especially with that bloke who used to be in Citizen Smith on it...

:D :embarrased ;)

Like I said not for everyone!
I sometimes head off with just the dog, so winter eves and a movie with a glass of red does float my boat and prob others. So wanted to share a good idea.
It's a bit like my crochet blanket on the ceiling (either you love or hate it), I guess yours would be over your legs
Each to there own

Please don't miss the three very important smilies! The comments were in jest and a bit of lighthearted fun. :)

For what it's worth:

1. Curling up in a Cali with a good fillm, a glass of wine and no annoying partner sounds wonderful.

2. I really like the crochet roof, much nicer than Germanic grey.

3. I used to love Robert Lindsay as Citizen Smith as a kid (see I'm not quite that old to need a blanket on my knees, but not too far off!).

Please don't miss the three very important smilies! The comments were in jest and a bit of lighthearted fun. :)

For what it's worth:

1. Curling up in a Cali with a good fillm, a glass of wine and no annoying partner sounds wonderful.

2. I really like the crochet roof, much nicer than Germanic grey.

3. I used to love Robert Lindsay as Citizen Smith as a kid (see I'm not quite that old to need a blanket on my knees, but not too far off!).
The TV and a good movie is handy to stop the scrabble arguments too! As I always seem to lose!
I love a little bit of banter That's what I was sending back too.
Citizen smith is way before my time! I think that was a comedy programme called my family in pic.
Ps I have crochet blankets everywhere!

So, back on topic, those that like using a TV in their camper, where do you put it?

I have a tiny little one that goes in one of the drawers quite easily :) It only ever gets used if the weather is very bad. In fact it gets used so rarely I often forget it.

I have a 9 inch digital TV/DVD from maplin with an indoor areal from go outdoors (with batteries). It only works in good reception areas but I always carry a few DVDs (mostly from charity shops) that I can watch if the weather is really bad. It spends most of is life in the top cupboard . I also listen to audio books on my ipad .

View attachment 19844 Hi All

I know some of you have a TV and some hate them! I found a good spot to fit in van, without causing any damage. Easy to remove, so you don't need to worry about it being on show to any pesky theft!
Swings round to view tv outside van too.View attachment 19845View attachment 19846
I wouldn't want to sitting on the drivers side of the back seat in an accident with that chunk of metal right in front of me. Or do you remove the whole bracket as well as the tv when travelling?

Which bracket is that and how have you fit it?
Hi Shaun
It's an avtex bracket, there a bit expensive think it was £30. But I like the fact it's got a double arm so you can swing it outside. Plus you can just remove tv from arm if you don't want to take it or hide it from sight. You can leave it in place and close the last blind and swing the arm right round so it tucks between rear seat and last side window too (if that makes sense).
I've removed the hand grab and one screw fits in the hand grab thread, and then the other is screwed in plastic. When I sold my last van and removed bracket, the strap hangs over the little hole so you don't see it.

I wouldn't want to sitting on the drivers side of the back seat in an accident with that chunk of metal right in front of me. Or do you remove the whole bracket as well as the tv when travelling?
Bracket can swing flat whichever way you want, it's normally tucked down side of last side window and rear bench seat, no more dangerous than the other side really as that has fridge and sink unit.

If there are 2 or 3 people watching the Avtex we position it on top of the fridge angled in, remembering to unload the beer, wine and soft drinks first.

If there are 4, we send the youngest out into the awning, and do exactly the same :).

Back