Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand Cali spotted in Switzerland

D

drogcrog

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
When is the Grand Cali released. We have Just seen one in Brienz on a campsite but it does look like it may be a prototype as there some strange patches on it.

20190820_110908.jpg

So you were there? That GC was there? Why didn't you ask the owner?
What license plate has it got? Can I see CD in blue? So that is corps diplomatique. Ambassey people?

Yes . We wondered what CD was. We did not think it had been officially released yet hence the pics. If we see it again I will ask.

No ideas but they have spoken German and English to people as we walked by and I was being the VW Cali nerd spotter.:cool:

Hey I know that campsite... Been there often and likely to be there this weekend too!
If they are still there I'll ask them about it ;)

No ideas but they have spoken German and English to people as we walked by and I was being the VW Cali nerd spotter.:cool:

Hahaha Cali nerd spotter. I know what you mean :) we always count them on our trips, and when a similar to ours drives by, we go woohooo and wave :pinkbanana

Don't know in Swiss but in Holland , Belgium , Germany,...the GC is availeble since a few months allready .
But i don't think a lot of them are out on the road allready as that would have mean they orderd before release or got a showroommodel.
I know in Holland at CCN they orderd 3 the end of 2018 and they arrived in april 2019 , only one of those showroommodels is sold but they have some oders in for a factory build , don't know how long the wait is at this moment doh.
Remember the GC is build in Poland and up there and Germany maybe more of them are out allready.

Let's just face it. This has nothing to do with "The" California. They should have named it Florida or Miami, or another dreamy vacation name, but now they have raped the name California.

I see a SZ on that plate....picture not that clear.
Edit : could be CZ = Tsjechië

Last edited:
More likely to be SZ (Kanton Schwyz) as the first two characters are the Kanton (i.e. county), there is no Kanton "CZ". Need the OP to zoom in for us! I'd be betting on GE (Geneva), BE (Bern) or maybe ZH (Zurich).

Actually, if we get the full number, we *might* be able to look it up since plates are available on a public database here :oops: - but maybe that's not true for diplomats...

Talking about licence plates @Swiss Cheese , just had to google a plate i could not place .
Have a look at this thread about our current trip :
Is it correct that it’s a Lichtenstein plate ? You live next door....;)

The front number plate is too big to be swiss, all of the normal
swiss plates that i see are always small on the front.
i reckon its a diplomat from a far flung land having a good time.

@hotel california - yep that's Liechtenstien. I work there currently. 100km commute from Zurich, takes me 1 hour each way, (not in the Cali though) but feels like I'm driving on holiday every day with the awesome scenery!
That was what I was asking myself frequently. Do you Swiss still see the beauty of your country as you live there, and might get fed up with the mountains?
As I live on the Belgian coast, I never go to the beach. Except for taking a walk, but then mostly in wintertime. Or when there is some stormy weather and the sea is showing it's force of nature.

Every time I get back to Switzerland (used to go there every 2 years from when I was about 3 years old, but not that frequently anymore since 1996) I am speechless about the beauty of the mountains (mostly go to Wallis and/or Lauterbrunnental). That would be because Belgium has no "mountain" higher than 670 meters above sea level.

I desperately want to go back next summer. It's been from 2015!!! already.

Back