Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California 600 without upper roof bed

Georgiegirl

Georgiegirl

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Just reading the brochure for the Grand Cali I’ve noticed that the upper bed in the 600 model is an optional extra (and a quite expensive one at that).
Does anyone know what you get if you order one without the upper bed (other than the smaller roof window already mentioned it in the brochures)?
Do you get the same roof but with just a storage space?

There is a storage area if you don't order the bed .
And you gain weight ....loosing the bed .

Thanks both that definitely works better for us as we don’t have kids. I guess the only worry is that not having the bed could affect resale value? Although I assume that it can be retrofitted if required?

I looked at this and my conclusion was that the additional sleeping accommodation would be desirable at resale due to a wider audience.

Never understood why one would think about resale value when ordering a new verhicle.
Do you want a dreammachine for yourself or for the (maybe) next owner ? What if you like the verhicle so much and keep it (most do:)) and you have options or missed out on options becose you where thinking resale value ....pretty stange to me .
By a verhicle you like and you can affort , enjoy and worry later about resale .

It's simple. It's called depreciation which cost you. I've seen plenty of vehicles in the wrong spec which are a very hard sell when it comes to selling them on.

I agree if the money or the difficulty of selling the vehicle doesn't concern you then you don't have an issue. (Oddly now manufacturers avoid cars which are hard to shift due in part to the PCP market)

Be careful with like. I like an FFRR V8 LWB, and could afford one. But I'm not prepared to lose 90k+ over 3years. That's just dumb.

There is a storage area if you don't order the bed .
And you gain weight ....loosing the bed .
Just re-read your post HC (I wasn’t fully awake earlier!). Why do you gain weight without the bed?

I looked at this and my conclusion was that the additional sleeping accommodation would be desirable at resale due to a wider audience.
I agree it’s just £2400 for something we will never use is a hard pill to swallow!

Just re-read your post HC (I wasn’t fully awake earlier!). Why do you gain weight without the bed?

Leaving out the bed /matrass and rollermecanism is less weight in your total verhicle weight giving more loadcapacity .

Back