Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California Table

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
I have alway felt the internal table was to long, and a hassle to get around when trying to get to the passenger seat, so had it cut down and slightly reshaped. Still looks fairly original.

9DC65828-170F-4114-A00B-D1E8A8828B5D.jpeg

F7969F9F-A542-4662-93D9-9B8D0262FED4.jpeg

19763EF7-B772-402D-A29C-5422F9CE32B1.jpeg

I have alway felt the internal table was to long, and a hassle to get around when trying to get to the passenger seat, so had it cut down and slightly reshaped. Still looks fairly original.

View attachment 74797

View attachment 74798

View attachment 74799
Same problem with joker, I was going to cut mine down but will be selling van very soon (new on coming).
Sourced 500x300mm top and folding leg, just hooks on rail with two screw heads.
C4540D63-7E0B-4CE1-A3D9-2DCC531C46A5.jpeg
Have you got your 680 yet?

Same problem with joker, I was going to cut mine down but will be selling van very soon (new on coming).
Sourced 500x300mm top and folding leg, just hooks on rail with two screw heads.
View attachment 74815
Have you got your 680 yet?
Hi hope all good with you. I may do something similar in the future will see how this one works out.
The 680 seems to be stuck in build but as usual little information from VW themselves. Breeze Poole are doing there best for information. So far it’s been in build for nearly 4 weeks.

Table top was off eBay midland leisure have loads of sizes, I paid £28 delivered for top.

Still I bet you haven’t been waiting as long as me.

I like this but not so keen on price.
like the added clip to allow storage in the front too

@Jester did you have someone local do it?

Got my table brackets 3D printed now ready to make my smaller table. Going 400x800 and an adjustable leg to allow it to also make a bed frame between the seats in due course.

View attachment 80434
They look great. Like the sound of the fill in bed. But should it be 460mm to fit between the bench seat and Captains chairs

They look great. Like the sound of the fill in bed. But should it be 460mm to fit between the bench seat and Captains chairs
Yes the gaps a bit wider as you say 460ish but at 400 the table tops cheaper and it can also be stored upright by the seat as per the link above. We’ve a 70mm deep mattress for the little one which doesn’t flex so squashed between the seats I don’t think it’ll fall into a 30mm gap either side. I’ll let you know if she ends up on the floor.

Yes the gaps a bit wider as you say 460ish but at 400 the table tops cheaper and it can also be stored upright by the seat as per the link above. We’ve a 70mm deep mattress for the little one which doesn’t flex so squashed between the seats I don’t think it’ll fall into a 30mm gap either side. I’ll let you know if she ends up on the floor.
Ok I’ve seen them on the German forum showing the same interested in seeing it completed

I kept the original for safety but not sure why. The table shown is OEM Grand Cali spec. Purchased another from our dealership. Then to a local joinery firm who cut it down to where I had specified and to shape then re edged it. They will need a banding machine to reapply the white edging.
The carpet is great very versatile and hard wearing, got it from our local supplier. Look up Alternative Flooring but ensure it’s the rubber backed version which is synthetic and rubber backed.

Forgot to add they cut a template.

good luck.

Last edited:
I kept the original for safety but not sure why. The table shown is OEM Grand Cali spec. Purchased another from our dealership. Then to a local joinery firm who cut it down to where I had specified and to shape then re edged it. They will need a banding machine to reapply the white edging.
The carpet is great very versatile and hard wearing, got it from our local supplier. Look up Alternative Flooring but ensure it’s the rubber backed version which is synthetic and rubber backed.

Forgot to add they cut a template.

good luck.
thanks Jesper will have look

Jesper is that the original table modified or complete new unit? Also can you tell me where you got your fitted carpet in living area please? My 680 is due for build next week so starting to plan some purchases :)
Just on the carpet you can order one from your dealer. It’s in the accessories catalogue.
18511457-1D04-44C5-8EDC-DD16AAC24A13.png

Just on the carpet you can order one from your dealer. It’s in the accessories catalogue.
View attachment 81439
Evening yes you can, I have x2 carpets ie the one shown in my photo for summer and the one shown as premium carpet mat set for the winter. Helps stop thermal transfer in the winter. Well worth it.

so does the VW one cover whole living area too as assumed it was mainly cab area?

Got my table brackets 3D printed now ready to make my smaller table. Going 400x800 and an adjustable leg to allow it to also make a bed frame between the seats in due course.

View attachment 80434
@Bendwg Great idea to get these brackets 3D printed. Would you want to share the design file? I'm also planning to make a slightly smaller table, and would like to keep the original one.