Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California VW UK Offers

A bit more than the GC. They do a 6.9 and a 7.4m version with different configuations to suit different markets / requirements.

There 2 different vans though the VW is a van conversion
N&B a coachbuilt .
ones a fiat ones a vw .
The N&B is beautiful we looked in one at travel world and would definitely love one but north of 100k I think I would give it a miss.
I think vw are trying to supply bigger vans to the vw camper and California market in the hope that vw camper owners would have more choice from a factory built van.but as mentioned there are many others out there already.
Most are conversions.
Inside the grand California is clean and white yes but add a splash of colour ie bedding and bits and bobs and it changes the look.
They have gone for neutral and in my opinion that’s good
Nothing worse that granny chince interiors

But VW could have done the same. That would have sold. Maybe VW are hitting their targets? Maybe it is a great white elephant. My thoughts are based on my critical eye and the experience of my profession.

If N&B did a coach conversion it wouldnt be priced at 100k. If anything when I looked you could have bought a Smove for about 80k. Now they are nudging 100k.

My offer only extended to the 4 years on warranty, 4 years breakdown cover 4 services and 1 free MOT and that's all I expected. did not do PVCP.
Wow looks like you finally got there, avatar pic looks good:thumb
Let’s see more pics and a review too.

Wow looks like you finally got there, avatar pic looks good:thumb
Let’s see more pics and a review too.
Haha yes, so just packing at the moment the packing boxes I had for the Cali fit perfectly in the boot cupboards, still lots to do will post soon as will be on our trip tomorrow. Thanks for your comments.

Will

Would like to see them make a 4motion 600 hightop, with underfloor heating and winterised. Hopefully in the future.

Would like to see them make a 4motion 600 hightop, with underfloor heating and winterised. Hopefully in the future.
There is no reason why they can’t great idea underfloor heating

There is no reason why they can’t great idea underfloor heating
The westy Sven has it, and heated shower tray but only on Mann and no 4motion.
I like the grand so will be good to hear how you get on.

Knaus just released an integrated 9m 3 axles for 71k eur! How is vw so expensive?

Knaus just released an integrated 9m 3 axles for 71k eur! How is vw so expensive?
VW don’t misswire the electrics as the owner of a Knaus vehicle mentioned on the Forum.;)

VW don’t misswire the electrics as the owner of a Knaus vehicle mentioned on the Forum.;)
But do Knaus windows leak even when they have had 17 years to fix the problem?
I've spent 55 years in the telecom & data industry and can still manage to miss-wire things occasionally. And yes I am that old!

But do Knaus windows leak even when they have had 17 years to fix the problem?
I've spent 55 years in the telecom & data industry and can still manage to miss-wire things occasionally. And yes I am that old!
My VW windows don’t leak, after almost 6 years.:thumb:thumb

My VW windows don’t leak, after almost 6 years.:thumb:thumb
Are you sure? Or do you never open the sliders?

I realise you can't see the left side as it's below the work surface and the right is hidden by plastic covering. But if you really have THE one that doesn't leak if the windows are opened regularly perhaps you should take it back to Hanover and show them how it's done.
I've had three T5s and a T6, all have leaked to some degree and some have been changed under warranty but the problem has never been fixed. Lots of folks on the T6 (and T4/T5) Forums will agree that most OEM VW sliding windows leak.
It's not that the window to frame leaks but that the drain that should carry away that water does not channel it to the outside of the vehicle. The plastic structures below the window slide consist of two parts which are not firmly bonded together and if/when they part the water runs inside the vehicle.

Are you sure? Or do you never open the sliders?

I realise you can't see the left side as it's below the work surface and the right is hidden by plastic covering. But if you really have THE one that doesn't leak if the windows are opened regularly perhaps you should take it back to Hanover and show them how it's done.
I've had three T5s and a T6, all have leaked to some degree and some have been changed under warranty but the problem has never been fixed. Lots of folks on the T6 (and T4/T5) Forums will agree that most OEM VW sliding windows leak.
It's not that the window to frame leaks but that the drain that should carry away that water does not channel it to the outside of the vehicle. The plastic structures below the window slide consist of two parts which are not firmly bonded together and if/when they part the water runs inside the vehicle.
Used regularly, both sides. Kept outside all year and depending on the weather one side or the other gets hammered by the rain. Dry as a bone both sides. I know and am aware of the problem but they’re both still dry .

Just received this from Tom at Breeze

Thank you VW. Amazing offer. Nice to get something back.

Just received this from Tom at Breeze

Thank you VW. Amazing offer. Nice to get something back.

I dont personally believe this is a good offer given that the total cost for the vehicle on say a PCP is pushing £80k!. I was in Spain back in July and went into VW Rioja. They were offering the base 600 for the equivalent of £69k, pretty much same as uk spec except alloys were extra at £1,700... PLUS they were open to a small discount or added extra. if i were a cynical i might say that if you have a higher sale price it allows you margin to offer sweetners to help seal the deal...

I dont personally believe this is a good offer given that the total cost for the vehicle on say a PCP is pushing £80k!. I was in Spain back in July and went into VW Rioja. They were offering the base 600 for the equivalent of £69k, pretty much same as uk spec except alloys were extra at £1,700... PLUS they were open to a small discount or added extra. if i were a cynical i might say that if you have a higher sale price it allows you margin to offer sweetners to help seal the deal...
Sealed my deal before the offer and still acquired all except the 2.4k off of options.
Happy days.

Used regularly, both sides. Kept outside all year and depending on the weather one side or the other gets hammered by the rain. Dry as a bone both sides. I know and am aware of the problem but they’re both still dry .
No issues with my 2004, 2006 or current 2014...

Vw has not covered itself in glory in the past few years reliability wise. Google knaus live 1 900. Amazing stuff... of course, i could not leave it on my drive but it makes you think... is vw having a laugh?

Vw has not covered itself in glory in the past few years reliability wise. Google knaus live 1 900. Amazing stuff... of course, i could not leave it on my drive but it makes you think... is vw having a laugh?
They probably are having a laugh, all the way to the bank. They are the ONLY manufacturer of a Campervan from the ground up. There are no others . Every competitor is a converted vehicle that 2 companies are involved in bringing to market and no one has been able to break their monopoly on that market.
VW, Mercedes and BMW have all had problems, quality, reliability etc: I wonder what they have in common?

They probably are having a laugh, all the way to the bank. They are the ONLY manufacturer of a Campervan from the ground up. There are no others . Every competitor is a converted vehicle that 2 companies are involved in bringing to market and no one has been able to break their monopoly on that market.
VW, Mercedes and BMW have all had problems, quality, reliability etc: I wonder what they have in common?
All german brands relying on legacy reputation to sell at premium price while cutting costs to improbe margins?

Rolls Royce & Bentley are German brands, its not nationality that’s the issue its accountants running things, W124 Mercs best build quality ever whilst we built the Austin All Agro.
VW are not going to price at a level below conversions.

There are plenty of other (better in my opinion) similar vehicles out there for circa £20k less. What were VW thinking? They're seriously overpriced.
That's what you would think but if you start adding the optional extras to the cheaper vans to bring them to the same spec as a standard GC then suddenly that '£20K' difference gets a lot less and you start thinking for a bit more I could get the GC.

The GC just needs a little refining, they need a 600 4motion and heated flooring and tanks, and extra leisure bat like the Sven.
I guess it will take them a few years to pinch all the westy ideas like the the cali.

The GC just needs a little refining, they need a 600 4motion and heated flooring and tanks, and extra leisure bat like the Sven.
I guess it will take them a few years to pinch all the westy ideas like the the cali.
Totally agree with the above, how long did it take to ultimately refine the transporter ie T series. think it will take some time.

Can’t see the 600 getting 4motion unless it’s a 3880kg which apparently cuts some of the market, in which the current California dose anyway due to cost.

Back