Grand California VW UK Offers

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Just received this from Tom at Breeze

Thank you VW. Amazing offer. Nice to get something back.

Mustn't be selling as many as they'd hoped

Poor Customer awareness again by VW.....bring out a future ‘unloved’ vehicle like the Grand, stop making a very much loved classic like The Beach.
Clueless, absolutely clueless.
Does anyone from VW actually read any consumer feedback from user forums?

Poor Customer awareness again by VW.....bring out a future ‘unloved’ vehicle like the Grand, stop making a very much loved classic like The Beach.
Not sure what’s not to love about it? However agree re the Beach, sure it will be back at some point.

Not sure what’s not to love about it? However agree re the Beach, sure it will be back at some point.
Well ....they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder don’t they.... I must have ‘minging’ eyes then!
btw my comments are directed at VW the corporation not the dealer network who I’ve found by and large do understand what the consumer wants......(apart from you liking the Grand :eek:)
;)

The Grand California is up against the major Motorhome Manufacturers products, very competitive market.

£72k plus extras .....Bargain.... After what’s happening around the world I imagine most people will be clinging to their hard earned with all their might..We know we are in for a very bumpy ride over the next 5 or 10 years..So unless you have a spare £72k ++++ it won’t be going on a camper van..

Not for me. The roof looks Odd (similar to some of the old aftermarket conversions). Also up against Hymer camping cars which to me have a nicer interior finish, offer the flexibility of a pop top & a longer interval between cambelt changes.

I know we on here all look at VW but taking a look other brands campers, cars , suv ,...i find every verhicle way overpriced compared to the past.
And every brand is taking action to get cars sold now CV has frozen sales and stocks are high .
Some manufacturars here in Belgium are advertising to buy now and first monthly payment only by the end of the year.
They do anything to sign a deal .

I think the shear size of it is not to like. I parked next to one the other day and it dwarfed my Ocean. Admittedly, the extra space inside must be nice but at what cost. It is certainly a completely different beast to the Cali.

I think the shear size of it is not to like. I parked next to one the other day and it dwarfed my Ocean. Admittedly, the extra space inside must be nice but at what cost. It is certainly a completely different beast to the Cali.
Yes a different beast, not comparable for obvious reasons. Not much different in cost to a comparable Westfalia which I had investigated.

Would consider a 600 with a elevating roof, but this model fails on being a proper 4 birth. Roof bed to small for long term ownership with teenagers.
Would really like another VW, excellent build quality compared to many but suspect I will look at a Westfelia Columbus once covid settlesdown(2021)

There are plenty of other (better in my opinion) similar vehicles out there for circa £20k less. What were VW thinking? They're seriously overpriced.
You always pay a premium over and above converted campervans that’s why members on here purchase the branded option ie the California Ocean or Beach. Ask yourself if and when you purchase are you going to get a conversion or a California and would the Cali Cost more! Why do they cost more, because they a better manufactured and they can charge more for the privilege of us saying we have a California.

But we all have our own opinions, we all have criteria to fill, or wether budget lead, we all have a choice.

Personally the grand is too big for my needs but if I wanted a Motor Home over a campervan I like the look of grand.

There are plenty of other (better in my opinion) similar vehicles out there for circa £20k less. What were VW thinking? They're seriously overpriced.
I hear people keep saying this, I’m seriously considering a grand 680. Can you please show me these similar vehicles at £20k less

Your looking at nearly 60k
So....£18k of your £20k less that you’re looking for without deals on either Bigjay.
The other vehicles do exist at c £20k less, VW have tried to stretch the brand and it hasn’t really worked.
I’m sure some people might like the looks, I think it’s an absolute Minger. Not saying I’m right, just what I think for me.

We like the Cali because it is a smaller/tidy package they competitors can’t match. But there are competitors when they put the van on steroids, and cheaper.

£72k plus extras .....Bargain.... After what’s happening around the world I imagine most people will be clinging to their hard earned with all their might..We know we are in for a very bumpy ride over the next 5 or 10 years..So unless you have a spare £72k ++++ it won’t be going on a camper van..
My spare £72***** is going on a camper. At 75 l haven't got 5 or 10 years to wait to live the dream.

So....£18k of your £20k less that you’re looking for without deals on either Bigjay.
The other vehicles do exist at c £20k less, VW have tried to stretch the brand and it hasn’t really worked.
I’m sure some people might like the looks, I think it’s an absolute Minger. Not saying I’m right, just what I think for me.

We like the Cali because it is a smaller/tidy package they competitors can’t match. But there are competitors when they put the van on steroids, and cheaper.
I have looked at both vehicles and the 680 is miles ahead of the adria. I understand why you like the Cali but it’s not a comparison to the 680 at all, totally different beast.

You have hit the nail on the head, ask yourself why “competitors can’t match” and why they maybe cheaper.

This is going to be good.

Have they stopped making the Beach, or have VWUK just not made it available in the UK? Do l remember a post from a T 6.1 Beach owner in Ireland?

Back