Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Great App for NZ Travel

Goldie

Goldie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Anyone heading out to NZ this is a good site https://www.rankers.co.nz/.

The Camping NZ App (free on Android :bananadance, £10+ Apple :cry:) is brilliant https://www.rankers.co.nz/respect with stacks of reviews of nearly all campsites in NZ including free camping. I can spend hours looking at this on my daily train commute down the Kapiti Coast.

I'll have to find somewhere nice to go and send back pics of a Sunny Yellow Cali for a future Cali calendar. Mount Cook or maybe Mount Doom :D

Andy

If only!

Probably my favourite place in the World - especially Kaikoura on the South Island.

Touring it again with a Cali would be magical.

KernowLad said:
If only!

Probably my favourite place in the World - especially Kaikoura on the South Island.

Touring it again with a Cali would be magical.

You could always do what I've done. Give up job in UK, get job in NZ (actually vice versa!), buy Cali, ship it over here and enjoy lifestyle change :D

Not recommended for faint hearted or those with too many ties to UK. Although as some say "NZ (especially Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin) is more like UK than the UK."

Early days, but option to head back is always there. Oh and I've got to solve the roof corrosion problem when/if it appears :headbang

Andy

Hi Andy, I am a NZer who has been living in UK for 40+ years and thinking of going back to NZ at the end of this year 2018 and taking my 2010, 46,000 miles on the clock Cali for a year. If I decide to stay will have my Cali in NZ and if decide to return to UK will sell it in NZ. It is in quite good condition. Question: what can you tell me about shipping customs paperwork etc etc please
Thanks Jennie

Hi Andy, I am a NZer who has been living in UK for 40+ years and thinking of going back to NZ at the end of this year 2018 and taking my 2010, 46,000 miles on the clock Cali for a year. If I decide to stay will have my Cali in NZ and if decide to return to UK will sell it in NZ. It is in quite good condition. Question: what can you tell me about shipping customs paperwork etc etc please
Thanks Jennie

Have a look here https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...ralia-anyone-done-it.13412/page-2#post-231295 Nikki at Firstbase is very good and Cali will fit in a standard container.

Here's a quote I got from McCulloghs in Auckland back in January this year. They handled my last import and were very good compared to the previous agent.

You may not have to pay tax as a returning NZer and owned it for more than a year. Also check what other benefits there may be, e.g. no tax on foreign income for the first 4 years

Good afternoon Andrew,

Thanks for the call this afternoon, we look forward to assisting you in shipping another VW California to NZ.

The cheapest method of shipping a Van like this is inside a shared container. The maximum dimensions for the door of the container is:

Width 2.3 Metres -Height 2.59 Metres – We can lower the height by letting air out of the tyres, or in some cases taking the air-conditioning unit off.

For example: a Ford Transit TDCi - 5.7 long, 2.60 wide (2050 with mirrors folded in) 2610 height. will fit by letting some air out of the tyres.

Assuming your VW Van fits we are able to offer the following package:

1x Volkswagen California – UK to AKL

Export UK Clearances, Packing LCL in 40ft container, Ocean Freight, Customs Clearance in NZ, MPI fees, Port Service, Container Cartage, Unpacking in Auckland & Delivery to Compliance

Total NZD$4,800.00

Not included:
GST to Customs 15% of CIF value (cost, Insurance and Freight)
Duty to Customs 10% if a camper (no duty if just a van)
Cleaning of the vehicle if required (allow 200.00 estimate)
Compliance and on road costs.
Pickup in UK (we can arrange pickup from anywhere and deliver to our depot in Essex)
Marine Insurance – we can provide this based on a value of NZD$85,000 (inc freight) = NZD$450.00 with an excess of $850.00
Vessels leave weekly and take 40 days

If you send me a copy of the V5 (UK Registration document) I can check to make sure the vehicle will comply Ok in NZ – if required.

Also- if the car is VAT qualifying then you can get the VAT (20%) back, we can provide a proforma bill of lading for your supplier if that is what they require – then we can issue you the final bill of lading once the vessel has departed.

If you would like to proceed or if you have any queries please let me know.

Brent Humphrey http://www.pinterest.com/mcculloughnz/
8 Farnham Street, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand P.O Box 37-104 Parnell
p: +64 9 309 1163 f: +64 9 303 0072 m: +64 21 355 308 w: www.mmnz.biz

Andy

Back