Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Great forum

Daveb999

Daveb999

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
I am a bit useless at the whole mechanical ‘ electrical stuff that some on this forum seem very good at. So when stuck I generally just come onto this and if I cant find the answer, chuck something up and generally I will be pointed to an old post giving the answer or someone will help. This has been an invaluable resource in my relatively short existence as a Cali owner.

Today I was totally stumped. My Control unit kept switching off. I had tried all the reset stuff over the last few days, still no joy. Then I noticed my leisure battery was down at 30%, weird as ive been away for a week and when not driving have generally been hooked up.

I fitted one of the excellent Solar panels recommended on this forum very recently. Hmm thought me, ive probably messed up connecting the battery, but everything on the diagnostics seems fine and its still getting a feed, just not charging. After reading a few things on this forum (going back to 2014) I followed the IT Crowd support method - switch the breaker switch off and on again - hey presto - 100% and all working again.

I was going to take it to my local VW dealer who would have no doubt charged me a fortune to do the same 30 second job. So as I said, invaluable, and thanks to all the clever folk who pass on their experience.

Back