Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gutted

I would know if I bought one of my own wheels back...

The scratches, dents and lumps taken out of the rim would be unmistakeable :sad

Last edited:
Thankyou everybody for good advice, I'm going to order a spare safe from the shop and when we collect the spare I'm going to keep it under the bench seat until the spare safe comes. Having a bad time at the moment,mayst noticed a small dent in the driver door today, somebody obviously banged into it with a car door even though we had parked with plenty of room.
IM FED UP

Sorry to hear all that.
The forum shop delivery is excellent - most likely your spare safe will arrive before the spare so no need to store under the bench.
Hope you are able to get back to enjoying your Cali asap...

Thankyou everybody for good advice, I'm going to order a spare safe from the shop and when we collect the spare I'm going to keep it under the bench seat until the spare safe comes. Having a bad time at the moment,mayst noticed a small dent in the driver door today, somebody obviously banged into it with a car door even though we had parked with plenty of room.
IM FED UP
Don't worry about the spare will be soon forgotten with your spare safe on you should be ok. Don't spend to long looking at the dent get it sorted straight away and you will be far happier.

Spare safe ordered , still love our van , best thing we've ever done, can't wait to get away for a holiday in a couple of weeks and glad we've got this forum to get tips and friendly advice from ❤️

Same thing happened to us years ago - this has been going on for years - hard to believe that VW still don't fit a locking wheel nut!!

Same thing happened to us years ago - this has been going on for years - hard to believe that VW still don't fit a locking wheel nut!!
My spare did have a locking wheel bolt. However, unlike on a road wheel it is not shrouded and with a pair of mole grips easily removed. The Spare Safe shrouds the bolt head so you have to use the correct socket.

Thanks for all the tips about Spare Safe. Ordered one from the Forum shop - now on it's way. Just looked at the Cali to check how it might fit to find that we don't have a spare wheel! Who knows how long it's been gone (apart from the swine who stole it!) Horse. Bolted. Door. Stable. Reassemble.

Thanks for all the tips about Spare Safe. Ordered one from the Forum shop - now on it's way. Just looked at the Cali to check how it might fit to find that we don't have a spare wheel! Who knows how long it's been gone (apart from the swine who stole it!) Horse. Bolted. Door. Stable. Reassemble.
Sorry to hear that.

This thread is inducing paranoia - just been out to check the spare hasn't been nicked in the two weeks we've had the van! Fortunately it hasn't. I'm picking up a Spare Safe at the meet this weekend. Hopefully it'll last 'till then.

There must be a real problem we have sold 30 in the last week alone.

How much are second hand standard steels going in the UK?
Just saw a brand new set for sale for 360 euro here in Belgium....
And another used (one wheel ) 50 euro

There must be a real problem we have sold 30 in the last week alone.

If anyone is looking for a spare wheel I know where there will be in excess of 60 cali's this weekend.. [only joking... :sorry]

With a tyre about £100
On Ebay and so...
Think i buy the set and bring it to the june meet to sell....:D
If i buy it for 360 euro and sell at 400 pond...

Bought one - still in the garage - neighbour promised to help me fit it 4 weeks ago - check under the van everyday before we go for doggy walks - if I don't do it soon I guess I'm in for a nasty surprise (although the van is parked right below the bedroom window and my dogs don't miss a trick, even though sometimes I wish they would, bless 'em. :headbang

Back