Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Guy ropes with camping room?

M

Martin Jones

Reef
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
We have a Comfortz camping room. What are the best guy ropes for keeping everything secure in windy conditions. Not sure which ones will fit when the room is up.

We have a Comfortz camping room. What are the best guy ropes for keeping everything secure in windy conditions. Not sure which ones will fit when the room is up.
I believe the Forum Shop sell them.

Thanks. Is pegging the panels enough to keep everything secure? No guys needed?
We camped with the awning room perhaps 40 nights. When the wind was strong we guyed it out with normal guys and normal pegs.

The club shop sells some very serious guys and pegs for the awning, but if the wind is so strong that such measures are required, it is probably best to wind in the awning.

Thanks. Is pegging the panels enough to keep everything secure? No guys needed?
I use the Thule rain blocker panels, whilst not a camping room all the panels are pegged down and I still fit tie down ropes just in case, just two extra heavy duty pegs and doubled stretchy ropes from the top of each leg..

Thanks guys. We’ve used a drive away for last couple of years but decided to be more compact. Don’t want to run the risk of damaging the awnnng while it’s pegged down.

Back