Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Had our T6 Cali for a week ,couple of questions

T

Tlc

Vehicle
Please Select
We took delivery of our new California last week, so excited, have already been away for a night and slept in the roof, great fun. Now need to start looking at all facilities and was hoping for some advice on a couple of things. Could someone advise on what size of gas bottle we need and whether we need propane or butane gas? Also need an awning mat but not sure what size we need as we haven't been brave enough to wind our the awning as yet. Any help would be really appreciated as we are hoping to go away again in the next week
Thanks in anticipation

We took delivery of our new California last week, so excited, have already been away for a night and slept in the roof, great fun. Now need to start looking at all facilities and was hoping for some advice on a couple of things. Could someone advise on what size of gas bottle we need and whether we need propane or butane gas? Also need an awning mat but not sure what size we need as we haven't been brave enough to wind our the awning as yet. Any help would be really appreciated as we are hoping to go away again in the next week
Thanks in anticipation
CampingGaz 907 fits the Gas Storage container and the Gas valve supplied by VW.
The awning is approximately 2.5 m x 2.5 m

Hello Tic,
The gas cylinder you need is a Campingaz 907 cylinder. It contains butane.

Re the awning mat, if my memory serves me well, Nick from Comfortz advised me to get an Outwell Oakwood mat. This fits inside the Comfortz awning which inturn attaches to the roll out awning. This Comfortz awning is a superb bit of kit.
I would advise contacting Nick to confirm that I have got the mat details correct..
Congratulations on your new Cali. Happy adventures.

Many thanks for your swift replies, fantastic forum

look out for cheap empty canisters from eBay or free from a rubbish recycling centre. I picked up to for a £5. The refills are then about £30. A new bottle filled is around £60. Think towsure also sell the empty canister for £12ish.