Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Handbag!

Bigted

Bigted

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Wife took the kids out and on returning home I spotted a nice 4 cm scratch/scuff on the front curve of the bonnet. My guess would be a bag or something dragged over it!

It's gone through the clear coat enough the catch your nail in.

Any suggestions on a repair? Spoke to local chips away and he said it needed a resprayed bonnet as no sway lines in a t5 bonnet - I was not sure he wanted the work though.

The chips away guy is correct, you can't smart repair a Cali bonnet, also be very wary if a body shop says they can just blow it in as it could end up looking worse. Like others have said, it's a Campervan and you will get plenty more scratches, just try and live with it best you can

I had rear bumper, front lower grill and both badges sprayed for £250 at a local body shop so guessing a complete bonnet won't be too expensive.

I think I successfully held the "its just a van" attitude with my old T25 but when my van cost more than the remaining balance on my mortgage I don't think its weird to want to keep it in good condition and look after it. ;) It's not a ferrari true but it is a cali. ;)

I had a scratch on mine and simply bought the paint stick from VW that was colour matched. It came with a clear primer that I used first then 'gently' painted over it. It's worked really well and only I know it's there - it calls at me every time I walk past the damn thing. ;)

If it helps, my Cali is sand beige and the part number was LST 0M2 H1W.

Reactions: Loz
I had a scratch on mine and simply bought the paint stick from VW that was colour matched. It came with a clear primer that I used first then 'gently' painted over it. It's worked really well and only I know it's there - it calls at me every time I walk past the damn thing. ;)

Also, if you use a magnifying glass and a sewing needle, you can carefully put the paint into the scratch with the tip of the needle dipped into the paint and this keeps it off the clear coat, let it dry then apply the clear coat the same so as not to create a raised lump.

If there is no primer showing, you only need the clear coat.

Last edited:

I thought the "clear primer" was the lacquer coat to go on top of the colour not under it?

It's not a Ferrari????, can you have as much fun in a Ferrari? Can you go on holiday in a Ferrari? Can you go to the wilds of Scotland and enjoy the view in a Ferrari? No, I would stand on a Ferrari to admire a Cali..... far more precious. A scratch is devastating...

Nothing to lose if you fancy trying this
......if you can find a wax the same colour or even close to it,rub it into the scratch,buff and polish,you may be happy with the result.
If not a wipe with a clean cotton cloth with a dab of white spirit will bring the wax out and leave as before,make sure any surface is wax or silicon free before applying any paint treatment

Alan

We put a clear film on ours. Took about an hour of sweat to apply but prevents from stone chips and scratches.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

We got some stuff from Costco that hides scratches; it comes in a pack of three and is applied with a nib on the the end. I used it on some fairly bad scratches our metallic blue Golf and it worked quite well. I posted a photo of the stuff on another thread, if you're stuck I'll find the photo or take another one.

Guilty :oops:

I did it to my Bruv-in-law's beemer...

We got some stuff from Costco that hides scratches; it comes in a pack of three and is applied with a nib on the the end. I used it on some fairly bad scratches our metallic blue Golf and it worked quite well. I posted a photo of the stuff on another thread, if you're stuck I'll find the photo or take another one.
This is the product:-

image.jpeg

Back