Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Happy Things/Thoughts/Videos/Jokes

We haven't had a new "which all-seasons tyres?" thread in over a week now, but this made me smile anyway:

View attachment 87788

It seems to be missing the most important point which is that if you don’t have winter tyres and you skid and crash on the ice you’re then much less likely to skid and crash than if you had the winter tyres.

0ff22bd1bb45af4f26d8f93d0f074c87.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Clare and Meg stranded by the tide. The metal bar is the far side of a bridge over a stream.
7093ab18dafdb30aef75148d6fdecb46.jpg

Rather than wait 45 minutes for the tide to recede, or walk a mile detour, Clare waded waist deep. On reaching dry land our lovely boys said, “Mummy, you’ve wet your knickers!”

A shower, mug of tea and bacon roll made everything better.

Stolen from another forum but I thought it was pretty good and adjusted it slightly for relevance...

Q: How many forum members does it take to change VW California light bulb ?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
9 to share their experiences of changing light bulbs and how the process required removing the front grille on their particular vehicle.
3 to berate the previous posters about not including their model, year, engine size and whether 4Motion when they posted.
7 to caution about the risks of changing light bulbs except through a VW franchise.
4 Ocean owners to point out that if Beach owners had bought and Ocean the headlights would be much better.
6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.
Another 6 to condemn those 6 as idiots.
22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jerks.
1 mod to tell everyone to play nicely or there will be "consequences".
5 automotive electrics professionals to inform members that the proper term is 'lamp'.
15 know-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.
1 to say how the lights on a T4 were so much better. Like everything on a T4 actually.
13 to post memes and gifs (several are of Michael Jackson eating popcorn with the words added, “I’m just here for the comments.”)
5 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.
4 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.
1 to discuss the merits of aftermarket boron-coated LED light bulbs.
3 to claim aftermarket boron-coated LED bulbs will invalidate your warranty.
4 to expound on the environmental damage caused by boron mining in African countries.
Another 2 to have a debate about wind turbines that goes on for five pages of increasing acrimony until the mods move it to the Three Cocks.
5 to question where they can find boron-coated LED bulbs on the VW configurator.
1 person to say the boron-coated lamps mentioned above are not available in New Zealand.
Another person to point out that the OP is not in New Zealand, they're in Bromsgrove.
The previous poster to say that it might still be useful for NZ members to know about light bulb availability in their market.
36 people to post pics of their own light bulbs.
3 people to post pictures of their dogs in the back of their Cali.
7 People to post "I can't see the f?6% picture you posted!"
6 to report the post because someone said "f÷×$"
4 to say "Haven't we discussed all this already on a posting last month titled "Light bulb changing?".
8 to say "Do a forum search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".
5 moderators to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.
1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.
20 to give up on the forum and go camping instead.

And then somebody announces they are leaving the group over the light bulb post, and someone replies back that this isn't an airport so you don't need to announce your departure.

You forgot the 6 who think changing a bulb/ lamp should only be done by an approved VW Workshop otherwise the Van may instantaniously self combust.

Also no mention of chickens & everyone knows that any decent thread has to include chickens in it somewhere.

Stolen from another forum but I thought it was pretty good and adjusted it slightly for relevance...

Q: How many forum members does it take to change VW California light bulb ?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
9 to share their experiences of changing light bulbs and how the process required removing the front grille on their particular vehicle.
3 to berate the previous posters about not including their model, year, engine size and whether 4Motion when they posted.
7 to caution about the risks of changing light bulbs except through a VW franchise.
4 Ocean owners to point out that if Beach owners had bought and Ocean the headlights would be much better.
6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.
Another 6 to condemn those 6 as idiots.
22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jerks.
1 mod to tell everyone to play nicely or there will be "consequences".
5 automotive electrics professionals to inform members that the proper term is 'lamp'.
15 know-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.
1 to say how the lights on a T4 were so much better. Like everything on a T4 actually.
13 to post memes and gifs (several are of Michael Jackson eating popcorn with the words added, “I’m just here for the comments.”)
5 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.
4 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.
1 to discuss the merits of aftermarket boron-coated LED light bulbs.
3 to claim aftermarket boron-coated LED bulbs will invalidate your warranty.
4 to expound on the environmental damage caused by boron mining in African countries.
Another 2 to have a debate about wind turbines that goes on for five pages of increasing acrimony until the mods move it to the Three Cocks.
5 to question where they can find boron-coated LED bulbs on the VW configurator.
1 person to say the boron-coated lamps mentioned above are not available in New Zealand.
Another person to point out that the OP is not in New Zealand, they're in Bromsgrove.
The previous poster to say that it might still be useful for NZ members to know about light bulb availability in their market.
36 people to post pics of their own light bulbs.
3 people to post pictures of their dogs in the back of their Cali.
7 People to post "I can't see the f?6% picture you posted!"
6 to report the post because someone said "f÷×$"
4 to say "Haven't we discussed all this already on a posting last month titled "Light bulb changing?".
8 to say "Do a forum search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".
5 moderators to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.
1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.
20 to give up on the forum and go camping instead.

And then somebody announces they are leaving the group over the light bulb post, and someone replies back that this isn't an airport so you don't need to announce your departure.
and at least 1 old biddy to say she knows nowt about technical things and is going camping even if it means driving with one half in the dark and the other half in the light ...

and at least 1 old biddy to say she knows nowt about technical things and is going camping even if it means driving with one half in the dark and the other half in the light ...
then ....

9 to share their experiences of driving with one light at night
7 to caution about the risks of driving with just one light
... and the story continues ... :bananadance2

then ....

9 to share their experiences of driving with one light at night
7 to caution about the risks of driving with just one light
... and the story continues .
Light bulbs? Do Calis have light bulbs? Where is the switch? I only dive when it is light, but it would be nice to know.....if there is an eclipse or something.... That way I could save the batteries in my headtorch.

Is that a long wheel base with a large rear windows ? Is that available in the UK ?

Pretty shocking over there at the moment - below extracted from a market report yesterday:

//
We continue to stress that the energy crisis remains very much a global crisis that is not at all unique to Kazakhstan. For anyone visiting only these websites, the fact that a revolution/revolution attempt is underway in Kazakhstan (and that the catalyst has been an energy crisis that continues to affect the entire world) is unknown. Going forward, we will be continuing to report on Kazakhstan and the global energy crisis at large. We are saddened by the videos of body bags and are shocked to witness soldiers being taken prisoner by citizens, but perhaps most shocking of all is the scarcity of mainstream media coverage.
//

perhaps most shocking of all is the scarcity of mainstream media coverage.
I couldn't agree more. I never watch the BBC news at 10pm but last night I thought I would to get an update on Kazakhstan. The Beeb spent ages droning on about some over paid tennis player and then a cursory report from Russia's neighbour. As usual no balance as to what is really important.

I couldn't agree more. I never watch the BBC news at 10pm but last night I thought I would to get an update on Kazakhstan. The Beeb spent ages droning on about some over paid tennis player and then a cursory report from Russia's neighbour. As usual no balance as to what is really important.
All the coverage was on Newsnight

Social Distancing of the future.

1CE5A151-C6C1-4B76-96E0-89BDF665DEF3.jpeg

Back