Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Harness for engine compartment- how it is delivered

szczota81

szczota81

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi

I have some question regarding harness. The harness diagram looks like below (for the ngine compartment).Screenshot 2019-02-06 at 15.24.27.png

34 - is connector for alarm horn
29 - air quality
28 - heated spray nozzle

If the diagram looks like this, it means all connectors are physically in the car? Or each car has different harnesses. In case, I would like to add heated spray nozzle I have to add complete cables from the nozzle to the control unit?

Impossible to say without knowing what it is you've actually posted a diagram off?

I'd hazard a guess and say, if you're vehicle doesn't have heated nozzles then the harness won't have the connector/cabling sitting waiting.
As an example, a Nissan Micra, pretty simple car, has 60, yes 60 harness variations.

Everything costs money, it's cheaper to make bespoke harnesses for each build sheet than waste material on a generic harness.

Then again, I could be wrong, unlikely but it's a possibility.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
If you want a feature you need to find the harnes for a vehicle with the appropiate PR code . VW dont use universal harnesses, they only contain the plugs for the bits you have ordered if that makes sence.

I suggest that you speak to 'Pauly' on the T6 Forum he is the T6 wiring guru and may be able to make up the necessary loom(s) etc if they are needed.

As @Loz has said all wiring looms are made to the vehicles specific PR codes (DNA) so if your vehicle was not built at factory with heated washer jets the looms won’t be there. Also remember anything you add will need control modules coding so that the vehicle knows what’s attached to it. Depending on what level of onboard power supply control unit you have depends on what extras you can actually add and code to operate.

OK I understand this better right now.

My Cali has interesting, long history. I filed a lawsuit against the seller and we'll see how it ends.

Cali has a lot of extra stuff. Some are working perfectly some not. For example:
1) electric/automatic rear side door
2) Heated mirrors with warning lights for death area
3) Revers camera
4) RNS 510 instead basic one
5) Rain detection
6) Automatic climatronic

What is not working:
1) Rear windows heating - button is but window is without heating wires
2) TPMS - button is but is not working and now indication on the cluster (I hope it is just coding issue)
3) no microphone for Bluetooth
4) no alarm - just imo from factory
5) air quality sensor is not working. Is in the car is connected but there is some fault that the connection is open
6) There is no indication about rear door status on the cluster (I hope it is just coding issue)
7) Some fault from passenger door locking system. When I try to close doors from inside by pushing button, doors are closing and then after one second open automatically
8) Last :) Temperature sensor in the rear compartment.

I would like to fix all this small issues to have nice working car. But I have to understand everything before I go to some workshop. I sow in UK are a lot of specialized workshops which are focused on VW van. Which is nice. In Poland situation is more difficult and you have to know a lot to avoid some trouble.

In case somebody can help me with this issues I will highly appreciate it.

Snip

8) Last :) Temperature sensor in the rear compartment.

I would like to fix all this small issues to have nice working car. But I have to understand everything before I go to some workshop. I sow in UK are a lot of specialized workshops which are focused on VW van. Which is nice. In Poland situation is more difficult and you have to know a lot to avoid some trouble.

In case somebody can help me with this issues I will highly appreciate it.

I think I can help with the rear heater.

If you have climatic Air Con with air con in the rear, then none of what follows applies.

If your van has the basic Air Conditioning unit (manual setting with 3 controls) at the front. Then the rear will just be a simple heater.

When you select the REAR button on the dashboard, a control unit at the rear turns on the fan (depending on the fan setting), allows hot water from the engine to pass through the heater and opens an air flap directing warm the blown air through the floor vent by the sliding door.

The air actuator flap motor can become confused and turn right the way round and jam. The flap actuator motor needs to be replaced. Then hot water will pass though the rear heater matrix and be blown around the feet of your passengers.

There are two part numbers listed in the UK for this actuator motor, one with an 'A' suffix and without.
The Cali version is the one without the suffix. The one with the suffix will turn the air flap the wrong way.

Description: Rear heater actuating motor
Part Number: W7E0 907 512

Getting access to the rear heater is easy. Remove the bed board and cushion. Pull off the panel on the rear right side. This exposes the heater system. The actuating motor is bottom to the left towards the rear seat.

By the way, as the hot water has to pass along two pipes under the floor to the rear from the engine, it does take a while to get there and warm the rear heater up. Initially there will be quite a blast of cold air until the warm water arrives.

Not something you can use on short trips. The leisure space heater is more use to be honest, as it warms up quicker and you can use while driving.

Hope that helps.

Alan

I think I can help with the rear heater.

If you have climatic Air Con with air con in the rear, then none of what follows applies.

If your van has the basic Air Conditioning unit (manual setting with 3 controls) at the front. Then the rear will just be a simple heater.

When you select the REAR button on the dashboard, a control unit at the rear turns on the fan (depending on the fan setting), allows hot water from the engine to pass through the heater and opens an air flap directing warm the blown air through the floor vent by the sliding door.

The air actuator flap motor can become confused and turn right the way round and jam. The flap actuator motor needs to be replaced. Then hot water will pass though the rear heater matrix and be blown around the feet of your passengers.

There are two part numbers listed in the UK for this actuator motor, one with an 'A' suffix and without.
The Cali version is the one without the suffix. The one with the suffix will turn the air flap the wrong way.

Description: Rear heater actuating motor
Part Number: W7E0 907 512

Getting access to the rear heater is easy. Remove the bed board and cushion. Pull off the panel on the rear right side. This exposes the heater system. The actuating motor is bottom to the left towards the rear seat.

By the way, as the hot water has to pass along two pipes under the floor to the rear from the engine, it does take a while to get there and warm the rear heater up. Initially there will be quite a blast of cold air until the warm water arrives.

Not something you can use on short trips. The leisure space heater is more use to be honest, as it warms up quicker and you can use while driving.

Hope that helps.

Alan

And the problem starts after your first sentence. Cali was equiped with:
KH1 - Heating and air-conditioning system: Climatic 4FJ air conditioning system (semi-automatic) and
2nd heater in passenger compartment (manual setting with 3 controls)

Now I have pannel from full automatic airconditioning system which shows comunication problem with rear temperature sensor.

I am not even sure if you can simply change this pannel. But somehow it works.

Back