Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anyone fitted the Alpine SPC-D84AT6 Sub and Amplifier

California_Clarky

California_Clarky

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Looking at a sub upgrade for my Cali has anyone on had Alpine SPC-D84AT6 Sub and Amplifier fitted and can share advise and pictures?

TIA

I have the Alpine SPC-D84AT6 fitted to my T6 along with the plug and play speakers. As I also replaced the headunit I have the full Alpine system.

On their own the speakers were clear but bright, the amp and sub transformed it. It now has real balance and power when needed. One tip though, the amp isn't really 4 channel. The power it gives to the rear speakers is negligible (in-audible) so you have to keep those connected to the head unit and use the fader.

If you were after tech advise I cant help you I'm afraid as I got a mobile tech to fit it at my work which took a couple of hours (£250). I did install the other speakers myself but that was super simple.

If ever ur around the Kingston area you're welcome to have a play.

B

I have the Alpine SPC-D84AT6 fitted to my T6 along with the plug and play speakers. As I also replaced the headunit I have the full Alpine system.

On their own the speakers were clear but bright, the amp and sub transformed it. It now has real balance and power when needed. One tip though, the amp isn't really 4 channel. The power it gives to the rear speakers is negligible (in-audible) so you have to keep those connected to the head unit and use the fader.

If you were after tech advise I cant help you I'm afraid as I got a mobile tech to fit it at my work which took a couple of hours (£250). I did install the other speakers myself but that was super simple.

Not sure what you mean by not being 4 channel and having to keep the rears connected

I assume you have the same set up in a t6 as a t6.1 with the battery under the passenger seat and the inverter in the base of the drivers seat - does the sub and amp still fit under the drivers seat with the inverter remaining in place

I decided I was going for the Alpine sub kit so I out of interest phoned up car audio dealer to ask for a price for fitting and during the discussion I mentioned it was being fitted to a California The chap on the phone said it won’t fit in one of those because it won’t fit under the passenger seat and you don’t wanna put it under the driver seat. anybody else had any issues like that or has anybody fitted one under the driver seat? Is there an issue, do you have to remove the inverter and socket? Or can it remain?

I decided I was going for the Alpine sub kit so I out of interest phoned up car audio dealer to ask for a price for fitting and during the discussion I mentioned it was being fitted to a California The chap on the phone said it won’t fit in one of those because it won’t fit under the passenger seat and you don’t wanna put it under the driver seat. anybody else had any issues like that or has anybody fitted one under the driver seat? Is there an issue, do you have to remove the inverter and socket? Or can it remain?
Well I dont know what to say.
The sub and amp are specifically designed to go under the drivers seat in a T6 and T6.1:

I dont see why you wouldn't want it under the drivers seat. It is downward firing, I suppose when banging out techno at full volume you may feel something but I'd be surprised if it distracts in anyway.
b

Well I dont know what to say.
The sub and amp are specifically designed to go under the drivers seat in a T6 and T6.1:

I dont see why you wouldn't want it under the drivers seat. It is downward firing, I suppose when banging out techno at full volume you may feel something but I'd be surprised if it distracts in anyway.
b
That’s what I couldn’t understand all I wanted to know is all the inverter still fit if you do put in there

Just had a look under drivers seat and wondered if the D84AT6 sub would fit can any of this be moved

IMG_7970.jpeg

B
Going to attempt the fitting of the sub this after noon its not clear from the pictures in the instructions which way it goes round does the alpine wording on the top of the sub go to the front or the back

Going to attempt the fitting of the sub this after noon its not clear from the pictures in the instructions which way it goes round does the alpine wording on the top of the sub go to the front or the back
Good luck

All seems to fit by removing the bracket apart from the inverter does anyone have the sub fitt and also retain the inverter

Back