• Picture 2 of 12
  • Picture 3 of 12
  • VW T6 California Complete Interior Electric Roof Seats Camper Conversion

£11,999.00
Free collection in person

Blimey, ah hang on .....
No ‘California ‘ badge
Phew !

You can buy the kitchens for under 2k, I've always wondered if I could install one in my beach lol.

Hopefully it was just a write off and thats the salvage.

It's a pretty new one. 3 way split work surface and shower attachment. That makes it about 1½ years old or less, doesn't it?

I judged the T5 section at Camperjam, and quite a few vehicles had been converted to the beach floor and bench seat, seems despite a small part of the custom crowd looking down their noses at the Cali they do love to install Cali parts in their vans. ;)

That looks like a Coast interior and because the roof isn't manual it's probably from the French market. The cooker burners don't look as if they've ever been used.

Almost certainly a write off or it's been nicked. Either way I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot gaffe.

Almost certainly a write off or it's been nicked. Either way I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot gaffe.
I think that's a bit harsh. Any buyer should certainly get proof it's 'legit' but the alternative is that the interior went to the crusher with the shell.
Compared to the cost of high spec alternatives, its a bargain for someone with the right basic van, and the recycling of such materials is good for the environment, and the recycling of the money is good for our insurance premiums.

I think that's a bit harsh. Any buyer should certainly get proof it's 'legit' but the alternative is that the interior went to the crusher with the shell.
Compared to the cost of high spec alternatives, its a bargain for someone with the right basic van, and the recycling of such materials is good for the environment, and the recycling of the money is good for our insurance premiums.
Fair point. If it proved to be legitimate then fine. However, in that case you would need to examine every single component carefully before committing to buy. If it was removed from a newish vehicle, it must have had quite a serious shunt to write it off and that was before someone removed the whole interior from the damaged vehicle. There may be twisted, crushed, cracked and disfigured parts not visible in the photos. Both the accident and the removal, if done by someone either unskilled or unsympathetic, may well have accounted for numerous damaged parts that would need replacing before fitting into a new vehicle. Yes, you could fit it to a donor vehicle but by the time you've accounted for the time and work involved and the cost of a decent donor vehicle, would it not have been cheaper and quicker to have bought a second hand Cali SE or Ocean? It might not turn out to be quite such a bargain after all, especially as it will never be worth anywhere near what a genuine Cali of a similar age would be.

Then you may well experience more hassle with the DVLA and with insuring it as it has changed from a van to a campervan. These are all issues that can be overcome but would it be worth the hassle?

Last edited:
I just wonder if salvage what damage did the van sustain? Insurance companies don't write off unless uneconomic repair and the furniture and doors seem undamaged. Would require evidence of donor before even considering,

I just wonder if salvage what damage did the van sustain? Insurance companies don't write off unless uneconomic repair and the furniture and doors seem undamaged. Would require evidence of donor before even considering,
I agree. But appearances can be deceptive. A hard impact to either side or the rear end is unlikely to leave the interior undamaged.

In the sellers defence, he has hundreds of Vw parts on eBay
Cotwolds parts thats middle england innit.

He never hurt no one and he loved his maaam.