Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anyone used a sheltaPod awning??

Docmark

Docmark

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have just come across these awnings - which look very interesting!
Just wondering if anyone has / used one?
Are they good quality and will they fit on an awning camp-pitch?
All info gratefully received!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you use the forum search function you'll find lots on the Sheltapod awning.

Hi, there are discussions on other threads, but to give you a quick answer, we have had ours since spring and have used it in every variation shown on their sales site. Fairly easy to pitch, nice size, compact and light when packed. Hope that helps.

I used one at Tenby for the first time, I have the blue which is very bright!! Went up ok but need to tweak it a bit next time, overall very happy with it only issue is I can not seem to get it folded small enough to get it all back in the bag!! :(:( but will perceiver.
As AnneMarie said its fairly easy to pitch, nice size, compact and light when packed (eventually).

Yep very good. Cord is too tight for the VW awning so you may need a figure of 8 and an joiner.

Our setup is on their Instagram page.

I was interested in these but from glancing at the ones on show at Tenby, is it right that the front opening panel (when in place) doesn't zip along the bottom? We've a rather unique need to contain the dogs in there when showering / sleeping etc, but they are escaping through doors with 'flapped' bottoms rather than zipped bottoms.

If you install the inner bedroom tent it has an integral ground sheet + 2 door coverings net (see through) the other solid.

20180813_211246.jpg 20180602_190023.jpg We have one.. so far so good! Can even get ours back in the bag now! Easy to erect. Pegging it takes a little practice. Looked at loads of awnings but didn't want to feel enclosed and didn't want anything too big.

Back