Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Have i been duped

Yes true, apparently just left the factory so hopefully a few weeks away yet. Frustrating as the inconsistency on other members experiences on delivery times.
Is the new van bigger?
Post some pics.

One dog and one baby and a Cali is too small for them - they are lightweights!
How young were yours when you toured Europe @Amarillo? God I wish we'd managed to do something like that before the girls started school. We will just have to wait until they can stay at home by themselves instead.

It’s very interesting to see that people jump to conclusions and then form an opinion of us based on their newly formed conclusions. We don’t get “back-handers” for any van we film. We’ve often been asked how much we charge for a van tour and we always inform the owner/builder that we never charge. We get paid via YouTube ad revenue which goes towards our filming and editing time.
Also we’ve never been offered a “cheap” van. We film tours, every camper van customer has different requirements so once they’ve watched our tour they can then decide whether they want to look in more detail at that particular van and form their own opinion and subsequently decide to buy it or not.
We don’t charge anybody to watch our videos so if it’s not for you you’re more than welcome to scroll right past.
Thank you to those who have continued to offer support.
Ahh hello a Bus and Beyond, great to see you on here! I'm looking forward to seeing your latest you tube content after hearing you've sold your Cali, I'm picking mine up on Friday and I've got two little girls and a dog :Nailbiting we are no longer in the baby phase though so don't have all that baby equipment to pack. Looking forward to seeing what you get next..

It’s very interesting to see that people jump to conclusions and then form an opinion of us based on their newly formed conclusions. We don’t get “back-handers” for any van we film. We’ve often been asked how much we charge for a van tour and we always inform the owner/builder that we never charge. We get paid via YouTube ad revenue which goes towards our filming and editing time.
Also we’ve never been offered a “cheap” van. We film tours, every camper van customer has different requirements so once they’ve watched our tour they can then decide whether they want to look in more detail at that particular van and form their own opinion and subsequently decide to buy it or not.
We don’t charge anybody to watch our videos so if it’s not for you you’re more than welcome to scroll right past.
Well, it was your great channel that first got us thinking about buying a Cali last year, the different model comparison videos etc were a huge help in choosing what we needed and wanted, especially as the dealerships have been too busy or closed over the last 12 months, our new van should hopefully arrive in June or July, so we just want to say thank you so much for all your time you invest in making these great videos, keep up the good work x

Great vids and information they helped us decide which would be best for us along with our 2 Labs...looking forward to see the next chapter for you and your family..exciting times when ours arrives...best wishes

Hello ABAB! Wish you all lots of luck with whatever you've chosen for your next adventure. Will never forget your Christmas Cali video and the van lights....just brilliant....wish I'd been able to see it in person!

How young were yours when you toured Europe @Amarillo? God I wish we'd managed to do something like that before the girls started school. We will just have to wait until they can stay at home by themselves instead.

Jack was 2;2 and Ben was 3;5 when we left, both a year older when we returned home. I can’t believe they are 7 and 5 now!

Meg is 8 today and her puppy, Jess, is 5 in June, so the dogs were 4 and nearly 1 when we left.

We talk about some of our experiences nearly everyday. Pompeii and the dead sea turtle in Greece came up yesterday.

I wish them lots of luck in growing their channel and maybe it will allow them to give up the day jobs and tour full time. Won’t really be up my street any more but I’m sure someone new will come along.

That’s probably a long way off.
Social media revenue streams are rubbish until you get really really big.
It’s a lot of work to make decent money. Video production consume lots of hours. You have to really love it...
A guy I know is an Instagram influencer and he spends an insane amount of hours on his content.

Anyway, I’m sure ABAB will be back in a Cali at some point.
Let’s face it. You don’t want to be the dad turning up at the school gates in a Fiat Ducato 4 berth... :talktothehand

D6B8B95E-06EB-489D-833E-55F0C4C8D9D8.jpeg

Jack was 2;2 and Ben was 3;5 when we left, both a year older when we returned home. I can’t believe they are 7 and 5 now!

Meg is 8 today and her puppy, Jess, is 5 in June, so the dogs were 4 and nearly 1 when we left.

We talk about some of our experiences nearly everyday. Pompeii and the dead sea turtle in Greece came up yesterday.
Where does the time go?!

I’m sure it took a lot of preparation and planning but it sounds and looks like an amazing experience! Even if the kids were too young to remember in detail, being all together, day in and day out in the van, for a whole year will be them up for life.

That’s probably a long way off.
Social media revenue streams are rubbish until you get really really big.
It’s a lot of work to make decent money. Video production consume lots of hours. You have to really love it...
A guy I know is an Instagram influencer and he spends an insane amount of hours on his content.

Anyway, I’m sure ABAB will be back in a Cali at some point.
Let’s face it. You don’t want to be the dad turning up at the school gates in a Fiat Ducato 4 berth... :talktothehand

View attachment 75261
I know nothing about this stuff! I’m sure it takes a huge amazing of effort to come with ideas and work to actually get them made. If any income it generates can support and ideally cover the costs of producing content, then hats off to anyone who does it.

Maybe we should start demanding those back handers
Seriously though, please just keep being yourselves! It’s so lovely to see happy, kind hearted people who have a genuine love of their subject area. Even if you’re not in a Cali, I’m sure you’ll still go on some amazing adventures and I’ll love looking at the amazing vistas and stop over places you show us along the way.

I know your priority and time will now be focussed on your growing family. Enjoy it because they grow so quick!

I have only watched one California "review".

Bob Flavin, 2013. Thank you Bob.

I attach the original,

I also attach his last. If you want passion, and a "real user" enthusiasm. Thank you Bob :D

Oh, and did I say ..... Thank you Bob?

I'm well past bothering what other people think of my ride.
It's all about the trips and the memories for me.

People tend call the police when they see 5 year old kicking and screaming getting manhandled through the side doors of a 4 berth on the school run.
These little munchkins have their StreetCred to consider.

#mylittlediva
#doesheneedasnickers
#4goingon15

Where does the time go?!

I’m sure it took a lot of preparation and planning but it sounds and looks like an amazing experience! Even if the kids were too young to remember in detail, being all together, day in and day out in the van, for a whole year will be them up for life.
We didn't have a detailed plan, just an outline and a four key dates:
  • Departure
  • Mother's 80 Birthday in England
  • Meeting parents in Cadiz and then in Palermo
  • Return to UK

And a few objectives:
  • All mainland EEA countries and European microstates
  • The four extreme compass points of the EU mainland
  • Nordkapp
Planning was sometimes done while driving to a new area. For example, on the way to Galicia Clare searched the ACSI Camping Card database for a campsite open all year which accepted children at no extra charge. Once found, we decided to stop off on the way to see the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela.

People tend call the police when they see 5 year old kicking and screaming getting manhandled through the side doors of a 4 berth on the school run.
These little munchkins have their StreetCred to consider.

#mylittlediva
#doesheneedasnickers
#4goingon15
Haha, just explain you have WiFi, they'll understand then.

‘We didn't have a detailed plan, just an outline and a four key dates’

Sorry...with ‘planning’ I should have said ‘prepping the van’. Bet it was lots of fun to do that, even before enough are off on the main adventure.

‘We didn't have a detailed plan, just an outline and a four key dates’

Sorry...with ‘planning’ I should have said ‘prepping the van’. Bet it was lots of fun to do that, even before enough are off on the main adventure.
We had three months to prep the van, and I can't say we got everything right. In particular, despite several little camping trips our packing was a disaster. Here's our boot packed just before we set off.
1616064346549.png

We had too many bags and odd shaped crates.

We got a bit more organised with our packing as time went on. Here's the boot six months later in Palermo just before we moved to the other side of Sicily.

1616064767634.png

I have only watched one California "review".

Bob Flavin, 2013. Thank you Bob.

I attach the original,

I also attach his last. If you want passion, and a "real user" enthusiasm. Thank you Bob :D

Oh, and did I say ..... Thank you Bob?

I watched those 2 videos dozens of times whilst waiting for our van to arrive. Love his style.

We had three months to prep the van, and I can't say we got everything right. In particular, despite several little camping trips our packing was a disaster. Here's our boot packed just before we set off.
View attachment 75272

We had too many bags and odd shaped crates.

We got a bit more organised with our packing as time went on. Here's the boot six months later in Palermo just before we moved to the other side of Sicily.

View attachment 75273
I think until you're 'living it', even best laid plans don't work out as you expect them too. Did you pick your drawers up en-route or were they just installed somewhere else in the top photo?

I have seen your very impressive home made crates, in later photos, that take things to the next level.

Seriously though, please just keep being yourselves! It’s so lovely to see happy, kind hearted people who have a genuine love of their subject area. Even if you’re not in a Cali, I’m sure you’ll still go on some amazing adventures and I’ll love looking at the amazing vistas and stop over places you show us along the way.

I know your priority and time will now be focussed on your growing family. Enjoy it because they grow so quick!
So true. I really enjoy watching Camper Vibe and Pop Top Adventures in their self built Citroen and VW panel van conversion's. Its not about the content but the presentation and personalities. Case in point. Top Gear. I used to be an avid watcher when Clarkson and his minions were in charge. Can't stand the current lineup, so I don't watch TG anymore.