Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Have T6 values dropped ?

I put my 2018 T6 Cali Ocean up for sale on the club site 2 weeks ago. ( Silver based in BN16)

Not a single enquiry about the van, had a nice discussion with a current owner looking to sell and a time waster trying to buy the accessories for peanuts !

I have sold 2 previous Californias on the club site and they have sold within 2/3 days.

Due diligence was carried out with the pricing on here for weeks before the advert went live and on autotrader, even by dropping the price and adding extras not even one enquiry.

If the Cali does not sell it is not a major issue as I will purchase the VW All in one plan again and keep on using it, but I did fancy a change.

So are values lower due to recent interest rises/ quicker delivery times for new vans/ or has the market post Brexit/ covid sorting its self out ???

Kev
Hello Kev,
You are asking fair and reasonable money, which you know already of course as you did your due diligence :)
You will sell faster if you slice 5000 off your price of course :) But then again, people may be suspicious that it is priced too low!
Good luck with it.

The significant population is about to become poorer. Don’t expect a quick bounce back…
Agreed.. this is a transfer of wealth we are going though.. not a simple cost of living crisis. Wages, materials nominal increases - ave. directors pay 23% increase (+ big bonus’ and incentives) - profits doubling.
Interest is just banks profits (it cost nothing for banks to print money for gov bonds (IOUs)) - recovering debt at the decreased value of £!!!

Hello Kev,
You are asking fair and reasonable money, which you know already of course as you did your due diligence :)
You will sell faster if you slice 5000 off your price of course :) But then again, people may be suspicious that it is priced too low!
Good luck with it.
Lol £5k drop wont happen, my wife would kill me !
I fancy a change but wont let it go cheap, my wife has spoken about a road trip down to Portugal so looks like the All in one plan will be renewed next month.
18 months till I can properly retire at 55 ( part time now) so will look again nearer that time.

Lol £5k drop wont happen, my wife would kill me !
I fancy a change but wont let it go cheap, my wife has spoken about a road trip down to Portugal so looks like the All in one plan will be renewed next month.
18 months till I can properly retire at 55 ( part time now) so will look again nearer that time.
You sound like a frugal kind of a person. A way of life that would benefit everyone :)
The All in one package is a good deal, so long as you have a main dealer/van centre you can get on with and offers reasonable service. Priced correctly Californias are selling. I am surprised your sale is slow as the price looks to be right to me, and it is a nice van. There is an element of luck/good timing to these things perhaps :)

Yeah I think I held off too long but we had a 11 day trip to the Vendee I did not want to cancel. Calis were selling for more than I am asking in the 2 months before.

wise words. I totally switched off from following the market after securing a van. This weekend it was sitting pretty next to a couple on their T4, and all I could think of was how many more years of enjoyment I should be able to get out of my T6 if that T4 was anything to go by
Emphasis on the word ”should” there :mute

Not that it would bother me to much - it looks superb but not standard??? if you understand what I mean. You've dropped it by 60mm and have 18" wheels which are also black etc. - I wonder if these put people off???? I looked at one in Norwich which was really nice but had after market headlamps on which looked wrong.

There's a nice 2 tone ocean on here also in your area with only slightly higher mileage - that's up for £50500 and doesn't seem to have been sold - I woouldn't mind that but need to sell my own van first so not buying till that's gone - can't aford insurance for 2 on my drive!

Hi Kev,
Well, there are good and bad times to put a Cali on the market, and this time is a bad time, because your potential buyer are either already travelling, or have made other holiday arrangements. Summertime is generally a quiet time for trading, everywhere,... Unless your in the Ice cream business of course...:thumb I guess interest will increase after the holiday season, unless the price isn't right...

Hi Kev,
Well, there are good and bad times to put a Cali on the market, and this time is a bad time, because your potential buyer are either already travelling, or have made other holiday arrangements. Summertime is generally a quiet time for trading, everywhere,... .............I guess interest will increase after the holiday season.

That might be the case in Switzerland but not in the UK.
Holidays havn't started here yet, another week before English schools break up. Come September in the UK prices don't rise they tend if anything to drop all the way until about Easter then pick up again.

My view is that you've got about 3 weeks to sell it if you want it gone this year at a decent price.

I would also put it on Autotrader just to get a wider coverage of viewers. If you do that you really want it priced so that when someone filters the list of vans in price order it stands out as either being the cheapest T6, the Lowest mileage in price band etc just to give someone a reason to buy yours rather than the others.

I would also renew the All in One, you can transfer it so giving the new owner a 2 year VW warranty & servicing included etc & state that in huge letters at the top of the advert, its a massive plus for any private buyer.

Last edited:
I have rescheduled the Major service service/ Cambelt and water pump replacement until the 15th August.
This is to allow the renewal of the All in one warranty with only 1 day lost cover !!!
Why VW make warranty extensions so difficult/ hard work who knows ???

Norfolk Jim

I under stand the lowering of the Cali may not be everyones cup of tea , however along with the General Grabber snowflake rated tyres ( and roof rack) we have happily entered city center carparks/ and then driven off muddy camp sites whilst others have had to get pulled off.

Everyone has their dream/ expectations of what a van can do for them.

Obviously I saw the 2 tone Cali which looks nice/ is the seller out of touch with his pricing aswell? Or has it sold and has not updated the advert???

Another Black 2018 Cali sold again locally for an original asking price of £58k just 1 week before I listed mine.

I do love the Cali and I must admit was looking at upgrading the Discovery pro sat nav to the Alpine Halo tablet last night on Youtube.

Maybe one day I will grow up and just be happy with the set of cards I thankfully have !!!

Kev

That might be the case in Switzerland but not in the UK.
Holidays havn't started here yet, another week before English schools break up. Come September in the UK prices don't rise they tend if anything to drop all the way until about Easter then pick up again.

My view is that you've got about 3 weeks to sell it if you want it gone this year at a decent price.

I would also put it on Autotrader just to get a wider coverage of viewers. If you do that you really want it priced so that when someone filters the list of vans in price order it stands out as either being the cheapest T6, the Lowest mileage in price band etc just to give someone a reason to buy yours rather than the others.

I would also renew the All in One, you can transfer it so giving the new owner a 2 year VW warranty & servicing included etc & state that in huge letters at the top of the advert, its a massive plus for any private buyer.
Well, you seem to know the best. Good luck advising Kev…

Back