Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does anyone have the T6 Ocean with rear shower connection?

Mark Garrett

Mark Garrett

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,

Our Ocean order went in 2 weeks ago and having 2 young boys, we figured the shower connection add-on would be handy for sandy feet, etc before getting into the van.

The dealer hasnt ever sold this extra before & hasnt even seen it in action.

So, my question is, do you have it and is it as handy as it sounds?

Clearly its ambient temperature water, but is it a dribble, or a reasonable spray ?

Thanks!

We have it and it's good for rinsing the dog. It's much more than a dribble that's for sure and would easily rinse sand off feet etc. It also comes with a foam insert that fits above the gas bottle compartment, in which you can store the hose when not in use. It is, however, a bit of a pain to fit back into the foam insert after use. We would order it again though.

Hi All,

Our Ocean order went in 2 weeks ago and having 2 young boys, we figured the shower connection add-on would be handy for sandy feet, etc before getting into the van.

Clearly its ambient temperature water, but is it a dribble, or a reasonable spray ?

Thanks!
Hi Mark, the shower connection is powered by the same pump that runs the kitchen tap so it is a reasonable force. I bought it for rinsing the dog, although I dont use it as much as I thought i would i would not give it back.

There are lower cost alternative shower connections which run from the kitchen tap (hose usually fed through the kitchen window when being used)

Hi All,

Thanks!
Filled up my water and tested mine at the weekend. Works fine for rinsing things off and might even be used on myself in the event of not having a shower handy after a ride on a hot and sunny day.

Mike

Lots been discused regarding the T6 shower feature in other topics ,comes to it that it gives low presure , the fresh watertank on a Cali holds 30liter , and only cold water ,....
So to me that does not sound like a shower but a waterhose....
Someone mentiont it soon comes as standard , don't know if that is thru .
Here the topic where someone says it comes as standard after a configurator/price update
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/vw-configurator-change.18700/#post-216991

Last edited:
We got a new t 6 with shower this year my wife says it is a must

Ciaran

We got a new t 6 with shower this year my wife says it is a must

Ciaran

It's a must take a shower....
But i like hot running water when in the shower if not i just use a washing bowl ...
Have you used it?

I had one on my 2015 SE, had loads of wonderful ideas to use it and thought what a great accessory to have.. never used it once lol!

We bought a shower attachment that goes on the sink tap for around £35.00. Its ideal for washing sand off the kids feet after a day on the beach or washing dogs etc.

For me this was a cheaper option than the built in shower you are discussing. Also we find it packs up small and fits into a general box we keep for camping accessories. I bought mine on eBay.

My advice is save the money and buy an attachment. Spend the money on another option that is worth it.

Thanks everyone - it seems like a welcome addition for family life. 'Saving money' and 'California' is a bit of a contradiction in terms;)

saving money and california do go together. sometimes even an extra 500 quid stretches you just that bit too far.

Back