Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Having to over Rev the engine to pull away forwards or backwards

T

TheIcecreamVan

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi
To move off on a slight hill I have to over Rev the engine that suddenly spreads up the the van leaps of the start
Is this a clutch problem or an engine problem

Hi
To move off on a slight hill I have to over Rev the engine that suddenly spreads up the the van leaps of the start
Is this a clutch problem or an engine problem
Assuming you have a T6.1 (with DSG gear box) if your avatar details are correct.
It sounds like a gear box software issue, unfortunately it’s a trip to the dealer for any fault with a DSG !
Assuming you are within warranty also ?

Putting the selector to drive (D) releasing the hand break, without applying any throttle the van should creep forward, if it does not do this there is a fault that needs to be fixed.

please report back to assist others

Assuming you have a T6.1 (with DSG gear box) if your avatar details are correct.
It sounds like a gear box software issue, unfortunately it’s a trip to the dealer for any fault with a DSG !
Assuming you are within warranty also ?

Putting the selector to drive (D) releasing the hand break, without applying any throttle the van should creep forward, if it does not do this there is a fault that needs to be fixed.

please report back to assist others
The Cali comes with an automatic hill-hold feature. So you do need to tell the ECU that you intend to drive, this does require that you press the accelerator a tad more.

This feature was a bane of my early driving months until I got used to it.

I never got used to it! One bent bicycle (lurching & hitting a tree) and the auto hill decent/low gear ratio hold feature resulting is engine scream going down narrow French roads in their tranquil medieval villages meant I changed my Cali for a manual. I am so much more in control now.

Do ask the dealer for a software update - but if you not happy with that, consider a DSG remap. TVS DSG Remap available at Bognor Motors. Olly the owner is a well-known person in VW circles. Find him over on the t6Forum. I have had the DSG remap done and the DSG now works as it should - no more shifting into D7 at about 800-1000 RPM, with the engine droning and labouring and the lurching at start on when moving off in reverse. :thumb

Search for "TVS Remap" on the forum for more information.

Reactions: Loz
This thread may help

Post #7

Back