Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Headlamp Deflectors

snowy55

snowy55

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just tried my Headlamp Protectors on for size, now I'm not the "sharpest tool" in the box, but it looks to me that the black tape tape bits you put on are on the wrong side for a UK Right hand drive headlamps to stop dazzling johnny foreigner on our upcoming trip to Spain.

What do you think?

When I dip my lights they go to the left-away from those bits of tape, so when I am abroad driving on the right, there is no interruption of the beam for the vehicles on my left.
It's as if they are positioned for a left hand drive car to come over here.

IMG_8170_zps51f25f2d.jpg

IMG_8169_zpsfcb80b50.jpg

IMG_8168_zpse412de93.jpg

IMG_8171_zpsd4ec6118.jpg

I believe this is a genuine part.

snowy55 said:
Just tried my Headlamp Protectors on for size, now I'm not the "sharpest tool" in the box, but it looks to me that the black tape tape bits you put on are on the wrong side for a UK Right hand drive headlamps to stop dazzling johnny foreigner on our upcoming trip to Spain.

What do you think?

When I dip my lights they go to the left-away from those bits of tape, so when I am abroad driving on the right, there is no interruption of the beam for the vehicles on my left.
It's as if they are positioned for a left hand drive car to come over here.

Hi Snowy,

Confusingly this is correct.
Headlamps on all vehicles perform like lens'. The light beams from the bulb are reflected and inverted as they are projected. So the part the rises on the left on the road in the UK is actually generated by the lower left part of the headlight as you look at it.

This is why that part of the headlight protector has to be blacked out. Provided you have followed the instructions and stuck the correct black patch within the little corner marking, all will be fine.

Enjoy your holiday.

Alan

Ah that sounds good, Thanks

Wondered who'd be the first one to spot that Pike :laugh2

Back