Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Headlamps Fogging Up

Cloud Dodger

Cloud Dodger

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi,

Finally taken delivery of our T6 Beach after a failed attempt on Friday due to resonance or vibration in the passenger seat.

So when the driver delivered it today after its seat repair, the first thing I noticed that both headlamps (standard spec not LED) where fogged up on the outside edges?

Bearing in mind the rain we have had, is this normal and should it clear?

Normal I don't know as I have Led but have the lights on and it should clear after a while.

Normally lights only fog if the units let in water

My Ocean does the same in very wet weather but tends to dry out in use. You would think that if all is sealed properly, this would not occur but I think it’s fairly normal and nothing to worry about.
If condensation is running down the inside of the headlamp however, it would need further investigation as this would be excessive and affect the light output.
My Skoda Yeti that I had from new prior to the Cali, did I the same thing, but was a ‘normal’ occurrence and never caused any issues as it did dry out when the lights were used for a reasonable period.

Hi,

Finally taken delivery of our T6 Beach after a failed attempt on Friday due to resonance or vibration in the passenger seat.

So when the driver delivered it today after its seat repair, the first thing I noticed that both headlamps (standard spec not LED) where fogged up on the outside edges?

Bearing in mind the rain we have had, is this normal and should it clear?
Normal. The lights do have rubber seals but they are not 100% airtight. They can’t be and with changes in temperature and humidity will mist and then dry out when On.

Thanks for the replies, I have checked again this morning and they are now clear. :thumb