Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Headlight adaptors for Europe

R

Rod Cunningham

Hi,
I have a 2017 Ocean (Halogen headlights as standard), soon to venture across the channel. Decided to go down the headlight protector with adaptors route so approached local VW van centre. After some consideration they have produced a printout from VW Europe which says that headlights no longer need adaptors no matter which side of the road the cali is driving on.
Has anyone else had this advice? There doesn't appear to be any mechanism for reorienting the headlight beam.

brest wishes Rod

The LEDs have a setting to move the left beam down a fraction but there is no longer a kick up to the left, the beams seem to be flat, check yours out in the dark against a wall to check.

The LEDs have a setting to move the left beam down a fraction but there is no longer a kick up to the left, the beams seem to be flat, check yours out in the dark against a wall to check.
But his vehicle has Halogen lights. Have they changed?

But his vehicle has Halogen lights. Have they changed?
Yes I read that, but that is not the first time we have heard that, so as the LEDs still have the adjustment, I was wondering if it was the H7s that are the level ones..

My Halogen lights do have up/down adjustment. Yes I will check the beam against a wall, thanks Loz, it seems likely that the dip beam is just focused straight ahead which would allow for driving both sides.

best wishes

Having now had both types of headlight, halogen and LED, the halogens are not set flat and they DO require bits of tape aka adaptors.

Having now had both types of headlight, halogen and LED, the halogens are not set flat and they DO require bits of tape aka adaptors.
I have the eurolites adaptors but I have no idea where the correct fit location is. There are no instructions for the T6. I think it will be possible to make a good guess but any help to get it right would be appreciated

I used the adapters for the Hannover trip but I noticed many UK vehicles didn't. just a tick box for me so that if I am stopped it is one less thing they can have me for.

H7 has the 'kicked up' on the left for UK. I just used mine set to lowest level on the dash control on my last trip.
I did notice that they are set well to the left and intend to get them reset to the maximum legal right position which should give less chance of dazzle when travelling in Europe.

• Informative
Reactions: Loz
Another + for the Dealers who are either stupid or just can't be bothered to give the correct information.:headbang

Back