Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heated seat not working

Hantshog

Hantshog

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Well less than 9 months old and the drivers side heated seat has stopped working. Anyone got any suggestions as to what this could be. Passenger side still working. I was trying to locate the fuse box but the maual is poor in describing where the fuses are. I am reluctant to force anything to get it off. Is it behind the sliding drawer or somewhere behind the useless ash tray pot thing below the gear stick console. If so how is it removed?

Most probably this is one of the design faults of the Cali. I have the same issue. At least in my case it is caused by constantly walking on the right seat on our way up and down from the upper bed. The heating system of the seat is simply not designed for such use...

The seated seats controller is fed from a single fuse SC27 so if one is working its not the fuse. The heating elements in the base and back are wired in series so you could check the plugs and also test for continuity.

But its under warranty so get the dealer to fix it.

In my case the heating element was damaged because of walking on it during climbing to the upper bed.
Unfortunately, the van was at that time already out of warranty.

In my case the heating element was damaged because of walking on it during climbing to the upper bed.
Unfortunately, the van was at that time already out of warranty.
Frustrating, I had a Touareg seat base replaced just before the warranty ran out, it was cutting out but I was just putting up with it, however I had put a reminder in my diary to check everything out 2 months before the warranty ran out and had it done.

I don't ever stand on the seats. I bought a Maxx camp ladder to avoid this very problem. its a ball ache having to book in the van to a dealer to have this fixed. I had a look under the seat. everything looks plugged in but I did notice the bkack cloth covered cable has what looks like a black U shaped fixing clip which looks like it secures the loom to the underside of the seat and this isn't secured, but of course as its not fixed I don't know where it was attached.
Thanks for your help. I'll reluctantly book it in. i have another issue with the van in any case. I will post another post regarding that.

Reactions: Loz
Interesting to see you have the plastic fixing clip on the cable under the seat. I too have struggled to find where it should be attached. Perhaps the same loom for other ( lesser ) vehicles.
Good luck with getting the heat back.

I don't ever stand on the seats. I bought a Maxx camp ladder to avoid this very problem. its a ball ache having to book in the van to a dealer to have this fixed. I had a look under the seat. everything looks plugged in but I did notice the bkack cloth covered cable has what looks like a black U shaped fixing clip which looks like it secures the loom to the underside of the seat and this isn't secured, but of course as its not fixed I don't know where it was attached.
Thanks for your help. I'll reluctantly book it in. i have another issue with the van in any case. I will post another post regarding that.
What was the cost to fix the heated seat, i have same issue with T6 Cali passenger seat

I had the seat fixed under warranty as the van was only 4 months old. The problem was a wiring loom issue not the heat pad itself.