Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heater Identification - Webasto or Eberspacher??

DMcCook

DMcCook

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Does anyone know how I can confirm whether we have the Webasto or Eberspacher heater?
I just unplugged our control panel, in a failed attempt to fix our roof fault, and only then did I check all the options in the control panel settings. The heater seems to be working fine, including via the remote, so I'm inclined to leave the settings alone, BUT it is set on Eberspacher, whereas the Carista dongle gives the heater part number as 7E0815071C, which google tells me is a Webasto part.
How can I be sure which brand of heater we have???
We have a 2014 T5.1 Cali Ocean SE. I think..
Thanks.
David

I found the labels on the driver's door, but that just confused me more.
We have a Webasto Thermo & Comfort SE Thermo Top C AND an Eberspacher Airtronic M D3 Plus.
So it looks like we have an Eberspacher auxiliary heater, but what on earth is the Thermo Top C and is it something we need to switch on or off ever?

The second (Thermo top) is part of the engine cooling circuit and comes on automatically when you start the engine and the temperature is lower than 5deg. It is there to warm the coolant faster to enable the engine to reach temperature quickly.

HI,
Appreciate that this is an old post, but have just notices the labels on our door too! Is there any way to start the heater remotely or to program it to come on in minus temps, so that the engines & demist is nice and warm prior to a journey (minimalise engine wear and make for a nice warm cabin heater from word go)? Thanks
The second (Thermo top) is part of the engine cooling circuit and comes on automatically when you start the engine and the temperature is lower than 5deg. It is there to warm the coolant faster to enable the engine to reach temperature quickly.

HI,
Appreciate that this is an old post, but have just notices the labels on our door too! Is there any way to start the heater remotely or to program it to come on in minus temps, so that the engines & demist is nice and warm prior to a journey (minimalise engine wear and make for a nice warm cabin heater from word go)? Thanks
It should be on your key fob so you can switch it on from a distance, but no timer set up

HI,
Yes, it is possible, but involves fitting 3rd party equipment and replacing VW software . See here:

It should be on your key fob so you can switch it on from a distance, but no timer set up
Think I need to read my manual! Assumed that was for the internal heater D'oh.
This Vehicle is just terrific

Think I need to read my manual! Assumed that was for the internal heater D'oh.
This Vehicle is just terrific
The Remote Control fob IS for the Eberspacher internal Parking Heater.
It will fire up the Parking Heater, powered by the Leisure Batteries, and warm the interior and demist/device the windows.

It will not fire up the Webasto engine heater that warms the engine up and can be used to warm the interior. This heater is powered by the Engine battery and is automatic coming on with Engine Start if the ambient temperature is 5c or less. This heater uses a lot of amps to start and run.

Back