Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heater switching itself on ?

B

BobbyBobbs

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi I have a Cali se 180, last night whilst it was parked outside at 1 am at night it decided to switch the heater on ?? Put my PJs on to investigate but there was no programme set. How is this possible... Any ideas ?

James.

Someone pressed the remote control?

Maybe one of your neighbours is wondering why the remote to the telly is misbehaving.

Hi I have a Cali se 180, last night whilst it was parked outside at 1 am at night it decided to switch the heater on ?? Put my PJs on to investigate but there was no programme set. How is this possible... Any ideas ?

James.
Is it possible to have it set for just one time? hence you are not seeing another time set?

How do you know it started at 1? If the heating was on all day at a low level it wouldn’t actually fire up until the temperature dropped ie middle of the night.

How do you know it started at 1? If the heating was on all day at a low level it wouldn’t actually fire up until the temperature dropped ie middle of the night.
I couldn't sleep and had the bedroom window open, heard it start up, looked outside and the clock it was 1am. Heater was set to level 7 when I checked so I would expect it would have come on much earlier if that was the case ? Good thinking though I would expect the heater to have come on straight away if I had accidentally turned it on earlier... Strange. Thx for you're thoughts though.

Happened infrequently to my 2008 174. Completely random, remote always at home. Might be high summer & suddenly cabin getting very hot. Turned it off at the control panel which worked. Never use it so had the fuse removed at last service

Back