Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heaters while being stored

goose

goose

VIP Member
Hi All ,

I've just finished installing an outside rcd twin socket for use with an electric hook up for Betty while she sits there looking fine. I'm not to sure on the heater I should use while she's not being used over the winter, I have drained the water tank and removed any old water from the waste tank illimenating the chance of splitting any seals. I know the use of the window theremo screens is a must but should I be using a fan blowing heater or just a stand alone frost protection heater inside the Cali.

Any advise would be great. :D

Goose

If you've drained the water off I personally wouldn't use any heater at all as constant ups and down in temperature are going to exacerbate the condensation issue (which is going to occur naturally anyway). We've never used a heater in our caravan and its never been a problem. If you think you're going to have a problem with moisture you could just run a dehumidifier or pop some of the trays with drying crystals on the floor (available from any caravanning spares outlet).

Condensation plus temperature significantly higher than outside temperature would only increase the speed of corrosion processes, both on the steel parts of the body and electric wiring.

Back