Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance while roof is being repaired

Ricotansky

Ricotansky

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Our van is being picked up at the weekend to be taken away to get the roof sorted out. Does anyone know what the deal is regarding insurance while it is away?

I assume it will still be covered, but fret about what might happen if it is damaged or gets nicked while away.

Those of you who have already had it done, does the AA man provide any paperwork when he collects it?

I should have asked the lady when I spoke to her yesterday, but forgot.

I was wondering the same, and the excess for the loan van.
I would take loads of pictures or videos around your van inside and out
Local van centre quoted £1000 excess to borrow a van while I had a service I sat and waited and had free wifi and tea.

Good idea r.e. the photos. We are not having a loan van so at least that is one less thing to worry about!

I'm not looking forward to seeing a stranger cart our van away!

Our van is being picked up at the weekend to be taken away to get the roof sorted out. Does anyone know what the deal is regarding insurance while it is away?

I assume it will still be covered, but fret about what might happen if it is damaged or gets nicked while away.

Those of you who have already had it done, does the AA man provide any paperwork when he collects it?

I should have asked the lady when I spoke to her yesterday, but forgot.

The legal position is that whilst your van is in the care of a recovery organisation/ repairer they are responsible for keeping it safe.

Thanks, that was what I was hoping. I'll stop worrying and look forward to a nice shiny roof!

VW used our Split a few years ago to display at NEC and Gmex shows promoting their Calis...they took it away in a covered truck and when it came back roof was scratched..VW paid up promptly to get it sorted no hassles...
so I would not worry about it being taken off for roof to be done....

Back